|Date Posted||March 10, 2018|
Job Description The Senior Development Operations Engineer provides technical expertise to perform ongoing design, development, and implementation of comprehensive information system architecture for Sensitive but Unclassified (SBU) information and Law Enforcement Sensitive (LES) information in compliance with ICE information security architecture. Develops requirements from project's inception to its conclusion for a particular IT subject matter area, expanding and improving DevOps engineering processes at ICE. Assists other project members with analysis and evaluation and with the preparation of recommendations for system improvements, optimization, development, and/or maintenance efforts in the following specialties: information systems architecture; networking; telecommunications; automation; communications protocols; risk management/electronics analysis; software; life-cycle management; software development methodologies; modeling and simulation; disaster recovery; and requirements management, and especially DevOps practices in code development, CI/CD, continuous testing, code and artifact repositories, change and configuration management, and monitoring.
Analyzes functional business requirements and design specifications for functional activities. Enhances existing systems and participates in analysis, design and new construction of next generation IT systems. Responsible for understanding the needs of the customers and the realities of commercially available and Open Source IT products, and creating requirements that will allow implementation by the systems engineering team.
- Manage IT system infrastructure and processes
- Provide second level problem diagnosis and resolution of problems
- Provide support for the implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of customer IT Systems
- Flexibility and adaptability to handle competing work demands
- Requires limited supervision, self-starter, strong time management skills
- Independent problem solver with troubleshooting, decision making and analytical
- Accuracy and attention to detail, must have organizational skills
- Able to work and interact with others in a structured / team environment
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate to nontechnical audience on technical issues
- Containerize and stack environments
Typical Education & Experience Bachelor's Degree and 5 years work experience or equivalent experienceRequired Skills and Education
- Educational requirements: Master’s Degree (in Arts or Science) or higher; or 15 years’ experience
- Experience in Installation, Configuration, and Administration of UNIX/Linux based middleware platforms (i.e. IBM WebSphere, IBM MQ, Tomcat, Apache web server)
- Experience with UNIX/Linux system administration, including knowledge in shell scripting
- Experience supporting JAVA applications with dependencies on F5 load balancers, external web service calls, proxy gateways, JDBC and JMS/MQ
- Experience with at least 3 of the following DevOps tools: Jenkins, Maven, Ant, CruiseControl, Git/GitHub, Subversion, Chef, Puppet, or Ansible
- Security using LDAP registry and setup of SSO using SPNEGO and SAML
- Preferred experience using Chef to develop, code, test, and debug new Chef cookbooks and recipes or enhancements to existing software
- Advanced troubleshooting skills including analyzing log & trace files, opening service requests, collecting documentation, working with Vendors, and driving problem resolution.
- Ability to coordinate configuration changes, installs, & upgrades with application owners—including planning, scheduling, status reporting, and following company change control procedures.
- Ability to lead in 3rd Party team coordination, communication, and audit review of environments installed and processes used.
- Ability to create support documentation & written procedures for routine and non-routine tasks.
- Evaluate new products and technologies, and provide recommendations to enhance current environment
- Support day to day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for any issues that arise with the infrastructure or security concerns
- Analyze user interfaces, maintain software performance tuning, analyze workload and analyze proposed system upgrades and insertion of COTS products in the infrastructure
- Analyze security impacts of proposed system upgrades or changes to the infrastructure including the implementation of COTS products.
- Understanding/familiarity with cloud security framework
- Understanding and experience implementing cloud security architecture and working security into the DevOps stacks.
- Familiar with how to implement Micro Services solutions in the cloud environments.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Cloud certifications in one or more of the following: AWS, Azure
- Middleware certifications: IBM WebSphere, IBM MQ, Tomcat, Apache web server
- DevOps certifications: Jenkins, Maven, Ant, CruiseControl, Git/GitHub, Subversion
- Infrastructure certifications: Chef Certification, Puppet Certification
- Certified Scrum Developer (CSD)
- Five or more years in O&M with experience in WebSphere, Resin, or other Java application server platform(s), as well as MQ, DataPower (or other XML gateway)
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.