|Date Posted||March 13, 2018|
- Manage and tune the production environments for a highly scalable and available distributed systems on cloud-based platforms in both AWS as well as a hyper converged virtual environment (Nutanix)
- Automate almost everything - write automation and configuration management code to build scalable, reliable and secure systems.
- Identify key system metrics and ensure adequate monitoring coverage for new and existing services.
- Build monitoring, supervision and resiliency mechanisms to observe, react to, and maintain platform health and performance.
- Manage deployments, upgrades, configurations in a controlled, pre-production and production environment with tight operating perimeters.
- Engage in the application development cycles to assess the DevOps requirements and implement the required deliverables around deployment and system configuration.
- Ensure that the non-production environments allow teams to efficiently deliver updates in a continuous controlled pattern.
- Own configuration management and CI/CD implementation and maintenance.
- Be aware of different CI/CD approaches, tools and their tradeoffs.
- Interact with vendor DevOps and IT monitoring staff (24/7/365) with after hours on-call support as well as performing hands on monitoring and debugging (e.g. networking, load balancing, etc.) for more complex situations.
- Assist with designing and building automated monitoring and self-healing capabilities for production and testing environments.
- Verify the functionality of components and services and ensures deployment meets expectations; Design, create, and document test plans, possibly code a custom test automation framework.
- Work on complex, major or highly visible tasks in support of multiple projects that require multiple areas of expertise.
- Plan and execute ongoing routine application maintenance tasks, such as production support, and troubleshooting existing information systems; Identify errors and deficiencies as well as develop long and short-term solutions. Keep up-to-date with security patches and proactively address security vulnerabilities and compliance.
- Analyze a variety of approaches to a DevOps problem providing pros and cons of different approaches to the team to arrive at an agreed upon direction.
- Obtain a strong understanding of business requirements with a focus on delivering business outcomes in everything that you do.
- Participate in application operation activities and assist with application troubleshooting
- Prepare and present formal training to IT staff, as needed.
- Participating in an agile development environment including sizing, estimating, collaborative development, and faced paced iterative delivery .
- After-hours work will be required for deployments and support.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience demonstrating DevOps and IT experience
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, context switch, and succeed in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Strong, analytical ability to quickly debug system problems and provide short & long-term solutions
- 4 years DevOps experience with a background on automated system monitoring, system performance tuning.
- 3 years’ experience with continuous integration and deployment
- 3 years’ experience with configuration management tools
- Experience working with a variety of system debugging, monitoring and alerting tools
- Experience with SQL (on Postgres or MSSQL).
- Hands on experience with automated tooling with terraforming and virtualization tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Artifactory, Git, etc.
- Hands on experience with cloud providers (AWS, GCE) and orchestration platforms (Kubernetes, Apcera, etc).
- Strong Linux skills (RedHat or Ubuntu) with respect to operations, and troubleshooting.
- Hands on experience with IT operations such as working with and monitoring virtualized systems, applying patches and system OS upgrades, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communications, teamwork and problem-solving skills
- Ability to interact and communicate successfully with business partners and technology teams
- Experience with Agile Development Practices
- Self-starter who can grasp difficult concepts
- A demonstrated respect for production environments with a strong understanding of establishing procedures and principles to keep production running 24x7
- Ability to think outside the box and come up with creative solutions when tools don’t work
- Strong ability and DESIRE to interact and communicate successfully with business partners and technology teams is critical.
- Experience setting up and working with AppDynamics
- Experience with Continua for build management
- Experience working with the .NET framework and C#
- Experience working with Java and PHP
- Experience working with APM tools such as Dynatrace, NewRelic, AppDynamics, as well as Log Analysis and Monitoring tools such as Splunk, CloudWatch, Dynatrace, Nagios, SysDig, etc.
- Experience with Nutanix and Acropolis
- Experience developing self-healing solutions
- Experience with financial services or brokerage industry
- Experience working with resources in different geographical locations
- Scripting experience with Powershell
- Windows System Administration and hands on experience with typical system administration such as active directory, DNS, etc.
- Candidates who have held mid-level SRE roles at B2C and B2B oriented companies (consumer and business facing)
At HireNetworks, it really is all about who we know.
Whether your current contract is coming to a close, you’re looking to advance your career or are a company on the hunt for new talent and wanting to expand…let HireNetworks put our networks to work for you.
HireNetworks is an equal opportunity employer.