|Date Posted||March 13, 2018|
Our client is currently seeking a Devops Pipline Engineer for their Princeton, NJ location. Candidate must be local to the area in order to interview and work onsite. THIS IS A DIRECT HIRE ROLE. DO NOT APPLY IF YOU ARE NOT INTERESTED OR ABLE TO WORK IN THIS CAPACITY.
- The Devops Engineer Pipeline Lead will be responsible to lead the development of an Automated Deployment Pipeline process utilizing automation/configuration management toolset such as VSTS, Chef, Puppet or an equivalent, as well as PowerShell scripts, and custom code solutions.
- The DevOps Lead is required to contribute to developing the solutions architecture, designing automation templates for infrastructure provisioning, configuration & change management, and developing the detailed technical design.
- The candidate needs to be capable of presenting analyses and recommendations to leadership and discussing the technical merits of solutions with engineers and architects.
- The DevOps Engineer will also be responsible to manage the programs SDLC, utilizing Scrum methodologies and standard DevOps tools.
- In addition to leading DevOps engineers assigned to the program.
- Familiarity and comfort with tools used in a continuous integration and continuous deployment pipeline is critical
- Experience using scripting languages (PowerShell, Bash, Perl, Python, Ruby)
- Experience writing code for one or multiple of the following: Puppet / Chef / Ansible / Saltstack
- Experience with command execution frameworks
- Familiarity with Infrastructure as Code approach and toolsets
- Experience with TFS 2010+, VSTS, or similar ALM tool
- Working knowledge of Azure Services, especially ARM templates
- Experience developing in a software development language
- Experience and knowledge of database technologies, particularly MS SQL
- Experience of firewall, router and network infrastructure device management
- Knowledge of virtualization and its benefits for improving reliability
- Experience with instrumentation, monitoring, alerting, and responding relative to performance and availability of applications
- Capable of technical deep dives into infrastructure, databases, and application, specifically in designing, coding, operating, and supporting high-performance, highly available services and infrastructure
- Experience operating and supporting mission-critical applications (e.g. incident and outage management)
- Experience problem solving issues on globally distributed systems and critical product service environments
- Knows what is possible using latest networking, infrastructure, database, and application technologies to driving automation and reliability improvements
- Understanding of the concepts and principles behind DevOps, Continuous Delivery, Agile, Lean, etc. Use of DevOps tools to deliver and operate end-user services a plus (e.g., Chef, New Relic, AlertSite, etc.)
- Experience with uDeploy a plus
- Operational experience supporting a 99.99% availability a plus
- 10+ years developing software 3 years in a lead position