|Date Posted||March 10, 2018|
Job Description Are you ready for a challenge? We are looking for a motivated and experienced Lead DevOps Engineer with a commitment to quality to join our dynamic and collaborative team of test automation developers, software developers, and IT professionals supporting an enterprise testing organization. The ideal candidate will have will have demonstrated experience successfully implementing a broad range of DevOps activities such as test and deployment automation strategies, release and configuration management and the utilization of cloud-based technologies for the creation of immutable environments. The Lead DevOps Engineer will lead the assessment of current legacy processes and the re-engineering of new methodologies and processes, with strong emphasis on cloud capabilities and Platform as a Service / Infrastructure as a Service (PaaS/IaaS), and will have demonstrated ability to coordinate all aspects of a release lifecycle including development and test activities and releases/deployment of code through different environments (Development, Test, Staging, UAT, Production). We're looking for a candidate with demonstrated experience and knowledge to lead a team creating self-service capabilities for developers to write and manage microservices.Typical Education & Experience Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experienceRequired Skills and Education
- Proven track record assessing and reviewing existing application architecture and providing assessment results, recommendations and insights.
- Extensive experience in Cloud/Data Center administration, especially with a public cloud provider (e.g., AWS).
- Hands-on, current experience with the function, configuration, outputs, and limitations of common cloud and DevOps environments and tools, including:
- Configuration/project management (e.g., RedMine, Jira, etc.)
- Source Control (like Git, Bitbucket, Svn, etc.)
- Integration (like Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.)
- Infrastructure Automation (like Puppet, Chef, Ansible, etc.)
- Deployment Automation & Orchestration (like Jenkins, Octopus Deploy, etc.)
- Cloud (like AWS, Azure, GoogleCloud, Openstack, etc.)
- Experience, or working knowledge with implementing DevOps processes such as Green/Blue deployments and Canary releases, and with DevOps Architecture best practices such as Microservices, and Infrastructure as Code.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Environment management, technical troubleshooting and problem-solving.
- Demonstrated scripting and deployment automation skills/experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service.
- Experience developing code in at least one high-level programming language.
- Knowledge of ICD 503 requirements and their application to secure information systems
- Self-motivated, team player who is able to collaborate across a multi-disciplined team environment
- Strong trouble-shooting skills and the persistence to resolve issues
Preferred Skills and Education
- Test Automation experience (like selenium, soapUI, Jmeter, etc.)
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.