|Date Posted||March 11, 2018|
This position is open as of 3/10/2018.
Lead DevOps Engineer
We're seeking a Lead DevOps Engineer to lead the systems engineering team for our flagship product.
We are looking for someone who has a solid and successful background with enterprise level systems development teams using an Agile methodology.
A proven track record of designing, developing, delivering and maintaining dependable, mission critical, large-scale systems and products is a must.
What You Will Be Doing
- Propose solutions and develop infrastructure required to support automated, immutable delivery of the product
- Build and maintain infrastructure for auto provisioning of various environments from CI through to production (“Cattle, not pets”)
- Work with the team to organize and break down epics and user stories, identify tasks, provide estimates and execute to meet scheduled targets
- Work with company's infrastructure operations team to deploy and support the product in production.
- Support both legacy systems currently in production while also working toward the next generation of the product
- Work with senior engineers within the team and the company as a whole to drive the overall systems architecture and design for the product
- Provide effective documentation and presentations of the requirements and architecture of the system while adapting conversations to match the audience's level of technical understanding
- Translate business needs into engineering user stories providing the context necessary for full understanding, negotiation and facilitation of engineering questions
What You Need for this Position
- Experience with agile methodologies and practices
- Extensive experience working with Linux or Unix in an enterprise production environment, Centos and Ubuntu variants a plus
- Experience using configuration management software, e.g. Chef, or Ansible
- Experience engineering and deploying immutable infrastructure (i.e. VM Templates, Docker, Vagrant, etc)
- An understanding of network engineering and security principles (e.g. protocols, routing, switching, filtering, firewall rules, etc.)
- Experience with virtualization software such as VMware vSphere
- Experience designing and developing DevOps/CI pipelines for deployment into various types of environments, i.e. hosted, on-premises, and network-isolated (no internet)
- Experience with scripting languages such as Bash, Shell, or Python
- Knowledge supporting and implementing Microsoft Active Directory Services
- Knowledge supporting Java applications in large-scale development and production environments
- Experience supporting databases including backup and recovery procedures such as Postgres and MySQL
- Experience with Disaster Recovery and the associated tools for data replication
What's In It for You
Exceptional Health/Dental/Vision Benefits
7% 401(k) contribution••not a match, strictly a co. contribution••
Work on products of magnitude
Upward Mobility and Stability(not tied to a contract vehicle)!
Required SkillsDevops, Linux, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Configuration Management, Scripting, Docker, Containerization
If you are a good fit for the Lead DevOps Engineer position, and have a background that includes:
Devops, Linux, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Configuration Management, Scripting, Docker, Containerization and you are interested in working the following job types:
Information Technology, Engineering, Professional Services
Within the following industries:
Looking forward to receiving your resume through our website and going over the job in more detail with you!
CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.