|Date Posted||December 20, 2020|
Must be able to work on our W2.
Title: AWS Cloud DevOps Engineer
Job Type: Contract/Full Time
Salary: Dependent on Experience
As our AWS Cloud DevOps engineer, you will work on a team of DevOps engineers focusing on the day-to-day tasks of managing and maintaining AWS environments and will be hands-on involved with designing, deploying, documenting, and supporting AWS infrastructure. Candidate will also research and develop build and deployment automation tools and must be comfortable working in an agile environment.
Candidate must have strong leadership, communication and technical skills as well as the ability to work well in a team environment. The ability to handle aggressive timelines is a must.
- Implement infrastructure as code with Cloudformation and Terraform
- Design, create, and document cloud architecture diagrams and cloud policies
- Improve IaC development and test automation processes through CI/CD pipeline (Bitbucket, Jenkins, Terraform, Cloudformation, Nexus, etc.,)
- Develop and configure tools for more productive Operations (build, deployment, performance, monitoring, and stability tools)
- Drive continuous improvements in deployment, management, and monitoring of infrastructure and application’s web services
- Manage and maintain multiple environments, ensuring that these environments are properly setup, configured, available, and HIPAA compliant
- Develop strategy and migrate legacy on-prem workloads to AWS
- Solve live performance and stability issues and prevent their recurrence
- Deploying, automating, maintaining and managing AWS cloud based system, to ensure the availability, performance, scalability and security of productions systems.
- Work on DevOps processes and tools supporting agile application development teams leading to continuous integration, test, and deploy methods.
- Assist with application integration and troubleshooting in this infrastructure for a complex application environment, including management of dependencies on services, platforms, and other applications within the cloud infrastructure.
- Create DevOps process automation and tooling to implement standards and boundaries in a way that empowers our application development teams to help themselves for their infrastructure and deployment needs.
- Exposure to Performance testing /tuning, monitoring, and troubleshooting tools
- Work with various teams including: developers, QA, technical support, project managers, database administrators
- Assist in implementation of security best practices and initiatives at all levels of the infrastructure.
- 6+ years of software engineering / devops experience.
- 4+ years of experience working in AWS
- AWS Certifications preferred
- Strong knowledge of scripting and automation tools and strategies
- Experience writing code to automate the management of IT/infrastrucuture services
- Proficient in using cloud and other virtualization technologies: AWS, Docker, VMWare, or similar
- Experience with source code management: Git, Nexus and Artifactory
- Knowledge of source code branching strategies and continuous integration
- Knowledge of tools for building CI/CD pipelines: Jenkins, Packer, Helm, etc
- Knowledge of configuration and orchestration technologies: Terraform, Ansible, Cloudformation, Kubernetes
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with technical and non-technical cross-functional teams
- Hands-on working experience with implementing configuration, build, deployment and release management best practices
- Creating documentation for application configuration and procedures
- Healthcare IT experience – a plus
Education and Certification Requirements Bachelor's/Master’s degree or equivalent work experience. AWS Certifications are a plus