|Date Posted||January 11, 2022|
Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
No Suitability Required
Public Trust/Other Required:
Looking for an experienced Senior AWS Cloud Engineer / DevOps Engineer to join our Cloud Engineering and Migration team to support current cloud requirements, cloud migration and deployment of new requirements to the AWS Cloud environment for our federal customers. As a Sr. AWS Cloud DevOps and Automation Engineer, you will work with a team of Architects and Subject Matter Experts to engineer/develop, migrate and implement secure cloud solutions using AWS. In this role, the candidate should have a strong experience with AWS services and technologies, application, server, network security, and hands-on automation experience. We are looking for a highly motivated professional who embraces the DevOps culture, and a self-starter who can deliver AWS services with minimal guidance. If you are passionate about teaching, learning, automating, and working in a highly collaborative environment, we want to hear from you.
- Develop automated operations with the responsibility for the design, development and support of all non-security and compliance services.
- Manually or semi-automatically operate all non-automated operational activities.
- Participate on agile DevOps cross-functional teams using AWS Cloud technologies and tools to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering projects that provide exceptional business value to the customer.
- Employ Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) methodology to enable automation in building, testing, and deployment of applications
- Establish and maintain a cooperative working relationships with a diverse group of staff members, stakeholders, and customers
- Lead and participate in sprint demonstration meetings and progress briefings to the customer; follow up on direction given by customer with action items, questions, documentation, etc.
- Provide coaching, training, and mentoring to team members as needed to ensure consistency and adherence to standards relevant to agile release cycle.
- U. S. Citizen
- Public Trust clearance or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, or a related discipline
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate certification or AWS Certified Networking Specialty certification
- 5+ years AWS experience in a DevOps role designing, developing, testing, integrating and deploying and migrating mission critical applications and services to AWS environment(s)
- 5+ years of extensive hands-on AWS experience implementing, migrating, managing, and operating systems/applications to AWS environments
- Must possess strong organizational skills, strong interpersonal skills, and demonstrated experience working with senior level stakeholders and development teams
- Competent communication skills, both orally and in writing to convey complex technical concepts to less technical audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Must be able to work in a matrixed organization
- Must be able to articulate cloud technologies and approaches to all levels of customer and contractor personnel
The Senior DevOps Engineer is responsible for the following tasks:
• Create, configure, maintain, and document AWS organizational units and AWS accounts and proper placement within organization.
• Design, create, configure, maintain, and document Continuous Integration / Continuous Integration (CI/CD) pipeline(s) using GitLab, SonaType Nexus, JIRA, Lambda, Bash and other tools.
• Create, configure, maintain, and document backup and recovery capabilities.
• Create, configure, maintain, and document AWS Service Catalog and integration coordination with Service Now.
• Perform Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS) integration.
• Provide AWS Active Directory (AD) Connectors and AWS Systems Manager automation documents for AD domain joining.
• Create, configure, maintain, and document patching as required.
• Create, configure, maintain, and document AWS Elastic Computing (EC2) image management and distribution.
• Create, configure, maintain, and document logging and auditing delivery.
• Create, configure, maintain, and document AWS Direct Connect and connectivity between the customer and other approved networks.
• Create, configure, maintain, and document connectivity and routing between customer Virtual Private Clouds (VPC) and other approved networks.
• Create, configure, maintain, and document Domain Name Systems (DNS) and integration with on-premises systems.
• Create, configure, maintain, and document IP address space assignment.
• Create, configure, maintain, and document network capacity monitoring and planning.
- 10+ years’ AWS experience in a DevOps role developing, testing, integrating and deploying and migrating mission critical applications and services.
- 10+ years’ experience working within a DevSecOps/DevOps environment, utilizing AWS services, solutions, and provisioning/automating AWS infrastructure, services and tools.
- Experience with Azure and Google cloud platforms.
- Experience developing, testing, debugging and integrating applications using Tomcat, Apache, Nginx, Java, Java Script, Python, JSON etc.
- Experience developing, testing and integrating APIs / Interfaces using Java, Java Script, JSON, XML, YAML etc.
- Experience developing, testing, debugging and integrating Web Services using REST APIs, XML, SOAP and other protocols.
- Experience developing, testing, debugging and integrating REST APIs / Web Services using Configuration languages (JSON, YAML) and others.
- Experience using traditional SQL databases including experience developing SQL (DDL, DML) queries.
- Experience with containers/Docker/Kubernetes (and/or EKS).
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Less than 10%
Some Telecommuting Allowed
USA VA Alexandria
Additional Work Locations:
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.