|Date Posted||April 25, 2021|
AWS Devops Engineer
We are looking to hire an AWS Devops Engineer to work with our dynamic team in Bloomfield, CT!
This is for a new team being setup and the work is on the integration layer with multiple connection points. The project uses the latest modular architecture as well as Agile methodology.
Your future duties and responsibilities
1. Design cloud infrastructure that is secure, scalable, and highly available on AWS
2. Design, manage, and maintain tools to automate operational processes on AWS
3. Provision, configure and maintain AWS cloud infrastructure defined as code
4. Good knowledge of AWS services like EC2, S3, Glacier, ELB, RDS, Redshift, IAM, Route 53, VPC, Auto scaling, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, Security Groups
5. Hands-on experience managing Infrastructure as Code (IaC) using Terraform and Ansible. Also well versed with AWS CLI
6. Awareness with monitoring servers using Cloud watch and using ELK Stack, Elastic Search
7. Create and manage a Docker deployment pipeline for custom application images in the cloud using Jenkins
8. Automate application deployment in the cloud using Docker technology using Elastic Container Service scheduler
9. Ensure configuration and compliance with configuration management tools
10. Automate security controls, governance processes, and compliance validation on AWS
11. Work closely with developers to implement continuous delivery systems and methodologies on AWS
12. Experience with Jenkins as Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment Tool like Udeploy and Ansible Tower, strong expertise with Maven Build Frameworks.
13. Experience in Build Engineering & Release Management process, including end-to-end code configuration, building binaries & deployments and entire life cycle model in Enterprise Applications
14. Administer and troubleshoot Linux based systems, Strong knowledge of UNIX/Linux and scripting languages
15. Troubleshoot and resolve issues in the development, test and production environments.
16. Experience with Version Control Systems like GITHUB/GIT/TFS
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
1. Experience in Build Engineering & Release Management process, including end-to-end code configuration, building binaries & deployments and entire life cycle model in Enterprise Applications.
2. Good knowledge of DevOps management methodologies and production deployment Configurations.
3. Experience with Jenkins as Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment Tool and strong expertise with Maven Build Frameworks.
4. Hands-on experience managing Infrastructure as Code (IaC) using Terraform and Ansible.
5. Strong knowledge of UNIX/Linux and scripting languages.
6. Experience with Version Control Systems like GIT
7. Configure JENKINS Monitor, List and Build views to displays the status and progress of selected jobs with build version information.
8. Automated application deployment in the cloud using Docker technology using Elastic Container Service scheduler.
9. Create and manage a Docker deployment pipeline for custom application images in the cloud using Jenkins.
10. Containerization and immutable infrastructure. Docker has been core to this experience, along with Kubernetes.
11. Good knowledge of and experience in AWS provisioning and good knowledge of AWS services like EC2, S3, Glacier, ELB, RDS, Redshift, IAM, Route 53, VPC, Auto scaling, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, Security Groups.
12. Awareness with monitoring servers using Cloud watch and using ELK Stack, Elastic Search.
13. Experience in managing infrastructure resources in cloud architecture with close coordination with various functional teams.
Skill Set/Years of Experience/Proficiency Level
Jenkins, Maven, Docker
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- Connected with industry best practices
- Health Insurance Knowledge
- Strong Communication skills (both verbal and non-verbal)
- Detail Oriented
- Proven ability to organize and manage multiple priorities in a timeline driven environment.
- Presentation Skills
Skill Set Years of Experience
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
- Agile & DevOps
- AWS Big Data