|Published||November 19, 2022|
SC Cleared AWS DevOps Engineer | 12 months | Remote | INSIDE IR35 | 2 stage IV
Jefferson Frank are proud to be continuously supporting a specialist data engineering, digital and cloud consultancy, who focus on supporting their clients in successfully delivering on their digital transformation programmes. We are in pursuit of an SC Cleared DevOps Engineer to work on a long-term project for a government client.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE AND TRANSFERABLE SECURITY CLEARANCE OR BE ELIGIBLE
12 Months + extension
In this role, you will be working predominantly in a Linux based environment, collaborating with our team to review specifications and then use these agreed specifications to create infrastructure or scripts on AWS using the right standards and tools such as Terraform or CloudFormation.
You will architect, implement and manage continuous delivery pipelines on AWS to ensure the team can deliver code frequently whilst maintaining quality.
* Engaging in and improve the whole lifecycle of services, from inception and design, through deployment, operation, and refinement utilising platforms such as Docker and Kubernetes
* Implementing systems that are highly available, scalable, and self-healing on the AWS platform.
* Supporting development teams with build & deployment best practices e.g. branching strategy, testing methodology, CI/CD and pipelines.
* Designing, managing and maintaining tools to automate operational processes.
* Implementing and automating security controls, governance processes, and compliance validation.
* Defining and deploying monitoring, metrics, and logging systems on AWS using AWS native services and/or the ELK stack.
* Supporting the automation of test cases and embedding these within delivery pipelines to ensure code remains robust.
* Proven experience of working on relevant system administration and/or DevOps projects
* Hands-on experience with AWS services including VPCs, ELBs, Route 53, RDS, Cloudwatch, IAM, EC2, Lambda, etc.
* Experience of working with the command line in Linux, creating Bash scripts
* Experienced with configuration and management of version control software
* Experienced of amending and writing Infrastructure as code templates, using Terraform or CloudFormation
* Experience with containerisation and orchestration, using tools such as Docker and Kubernetes.
* Solid Linux and/or Windows system administration experience
* Networking experience, CIDR, TCP/UDP, IP, tcpdump
* Software engineering skills (such as Git, Bash, Python, Go, Java, Ruby)
* Experience of working within large, complex and geographically dispersed programmes.
* Working within an agile context with the use of CI (continuous improvement)
If you have the required skills please apply with you CV at first instance or call/email me.