|Published||May 14, 2022|
Azure DevOps Engineer for the State of Connecticut
Location: Hartford CT
Duration: 12+ Months
Client: CT DCF
Job Id: 57117
SCOPE OF WORK
The agency needs the service of a mid-career level DevOps Engineer to work in the DevOps/Application Support Team responsible for supporting the agencies CCWIS. The candidate will serve in the capacity of a DevOps Engineer participating in various DevOps processes including build and release management as well as configuration, testing, maintenance, and support activities of an on-premise Microsoft Dynamics implementation per the direction of agency management. The specific focus of this candidate will be to function as part of the DevOps team which supports the agile development of the agency's new CCWIS system and work with System Integrators and agency technical staff to ensure the transfer of knowledge and on-going maintenance of the solutions for a given module.
Specific Services Required:
In this role, the following services are required:
- Work as part of the DevOps team in coordination with the development, testing, and production support teams to maintain and support the DevOps systems and processes that underpin the CCWIS implementation effort.
- Administer on-premises instance of Azure DevOps to include creating deployment pipelines.
- Work as part of a team to maintain, monitor, and support all instances of MS Dynamics and work with other team members collaboratively to support related systems such as Microsoft SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS, PowerBI and BizTalk.
- Work as part of a team to provide DevOps functions to include managing source control systems, build systems, and production control of Dynamics solutions using Microsoft Azure DevOps server.
- Identify manual processes that can be automated and assist with implementing the identified automation opportunities.
- Perform production control activates as part of the DevOps team and enforce policy related to these activities.
- Work as part of a team to design, implement and maintain disaster recovery and business continuity plans.
- Work with application development and System Integrators to understand the design of the core technology and architecture of systems being developed and use that information to identify and implement any required changes to the Dynamics environment to support those systems efficiently and effectively.
REQUIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
Refer to the State contracts for IT Professional Services Agreement (14PSX0338) for experience and skill requirements for the job classification of Systems Engineer to fill the role. In addition, the agency requires the following.
For this position, the candidate shares experience and judgment with team to plan and accomplish goals and works as part of a DevOps team. A moderate degree of creativity and latitude is expected. In addition, the agency requires:
At least 5 or more years of prior experience demonstrating the following knowledge and skills:
- In depth expertise working as a DevOps Engineer supporting large, complex development projects using an agile methodology.
- In depth expertise with Microsoft Team Foundation Server and/or Azure DevOps Server administration for code control, builds, patches and release CI/CD pipeline management.
- Experience using Azure DevOps to automate processes supporting complex system development projects.
- Work directly with infrastructure teams to ensure needs of the project are met.
- In depth experience writing PowerShell scripts
- Experience with Windows Server 2016 or newer administration.
- Experience configuring and managing Microsoft SQL Server including Reporting Services and Integration Services.
Additional experience with the following is preferred:
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 on-premises installation
- SAFe agile framework
- Cisco AppDynamics Application Performance Monitor
- Broadcom Rally (Formerly CA Rally)
- Active Directory Federation Services
- SolarWinds Orion Server and Application Monitor
- Infrastructure as Code