|Published||September 18, 2022|
Ref ID: 03200-9503490431
Classification: DevOps Engineer
Compensation: $130000.00 to $140000.00 yearly
Robert Half is currently seeking an Azure DevOps Engineer to support our client's SDLC initiatives. The DevOps Engineer works closely with our development team to ensure the proper production environment is in place, secure, updated, and stays aligned with current demand. This role will monitor performance of production servers and optimize load balancing and infrastructure resources, as needed. The person in this role will also collaborate with software architects to support the needs of active projects as well as future needs. Main responsibilities are conducting server builds, configuring, optimizing, and fine-tuning operating systems, documenting, and developing playbooks for the operations teams. This job also covers the maintenance of pipelines for release management as well as automated deployments of new software releases and updates. The position's responsibilities require independent analyses, communication and problem solving. Work is performed with minimal supervision and is part of the effort to develop pre-established guidelines.
Core Job Duties:
- Review functional and design specifications of the development team to ensure full understanding of business requirements and deliverables of infrastructure to support production environments.
- Monitor and optimize server loads across customer base
- Develop, document and maintain automated release of software updates into production through QA/Test/Production via the use of pipelines.
- Coordinate with IT Security to incorporate SecDevOps into the pipeline workflows for security assessments at time of release.
- Develop Playbooks and coordinate hand-off of monitoring to the Operations NOC/SOC team.
- Schedule and communicate server upgrade maintenance windows with business stakeholders and customer advocates.
- Ensure that validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements.
- Work with procurement and operation teams to monitor and optimize the cloud environment for costs and performance.