|Date Posted||July 28, 2020|
Our financially strong, cutting edge software client is seeking a DevOps Cloud Architect for a full time/perm opportunity in Atlanta, GA.
***This is a Field (Travel to Customers) Customer Facing role. Linux, AWS, Azure, and GCP are required.
You will have the opportunity to work with world-class companies, guiding them on how to build robust DevOps processes.
- Support teams with their mission and significantly contribute to the customer journey to build technical win and championship and engage with customers to ensure their success in their DevOps journey
- Train the community and customers about DevOps and Company’s products and represent Company in events and conferences
- Keep current with the latest technology trends related to the DevOps landscape which will influence the features and roadmap of Company’s products based on customer needs
- Build relationships with key decision-makers, visiting customers onsite, and serving as the customer's technical point of contact
- Act as an intermediary between sales and other technical teams to best meet customer needs
- Build joint customer strategies with the sales partners to encourage product adoption
- Interconnect all Public Safety Answering points (PSAPs) in the commission of the 911 program at PSAP demarcation point.
- Maintain the data flow of the PSAP 911 traffic from E911 system to State level ESInet
- Provide planning for descriptive Network details of the ESInet infrastructure for the PSAP.
- Provide guidance on maintaining interoperability of PSAPs until the ESInet transition is complete.
- Produce ESiNET Core Services device configuration templates for ESiNET components.
- Manage the configuration and deployments of the ESiNET Network Technology.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise to program management for the integration and evolution of the NG9-1-1 System.
- Assist in developing the Implementation Plans for the Next Gen 9-1-1 system.
- Identify the standards based core NG9-1-1 core functionality; providing legacy network continuity with interface to callers.