|February 9, 2024
Job ID 24200009
Kadiak LLC, a Koniag Government Services company, is seeking a dedicated and passionate DevOps/Cloud Engineer with a Top-Secret Clearance to support Kadiak and our government customer in Vienna, Virginia.
We offer competitive compensation and an extraordinary benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K with company matching, flexible spending accounts, paid holidays, three weeks paid time off, and more.
DevOps Developer seeking an experienced, results-oriented, mission-driven DevOps Developer to join our development team. This role designs, develops, and implements automated tests for our CI/CD pipeline. This role interacts directly with development teams to facilitate efficient and effective test coverage. This role provides technical leadership related to testing automation technologies generally and delivers an innovative product, service, or a combination of products and services that address a customer's specific requirements.
Essential Functions, Responsibilities & Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Proven experience as a DevOps Engineer with a focus on AWS.
- Strong proficiency in AWS cloud services and infrastructure.
- Extensive Experience with AWS automation tools (e.g., AWS CLI, AWS SDKs, AWS CloudFormation).
- Extensive Experience with CI/CD tools (e.g., Jenkins, AWS CodePipeline).
- Experience and understanding of containerization and orchestration tools (Docker, Amazon ECS, Kubernetes).
- Excellent scripting skills (e.g., Python, Shell).
- AWS certifications (e.g., AWS Certified DevOps Engineer) are a plus.
More specifically the person selected should be able to do some or all of the following:
Automation and CI/CD:
- Develop and implement CI/CD pipelines for efficient and automated application deployment.
- Implement automation tools and scripts for infrastructure provisioning and configuration management on AWS.
- Continuously improve and optimize CI/CD processes.
- Implement security tools into the pipeline (tools include ClamAV, JFrog, SonarCube, etc.)
Infrastructure as Code (IaC):
- Implement and manage infrastructure as code using AWS CloudFormation or Terraform.
- Ensure version control and proper documentation of AWS infrastructure code.
Monitoring and Performance Optimization:
- Implement monitoring and logging solutions using AWS CloudWatch and other relevant tools.
- Identify and resolve performance bottlenecks, optimize resource utilization, and ensure system scalability.
Working Environment & Conditions
This job operates in a professional office environment and has a noise level of mostly low to moderate. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This position is primarily indoors, consistent with a standard office position and has a noise level of mostly low to moderate. The incumbent is required to stand, walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The workload may require the incumbent to sit for extended periods of time. The incumbent must be able to read, do simple math calculations and withstand moderate amounts of stress. The incumbent must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The company is an equal opportunity employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information, or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to equal employment opportunity in all decisions related to employment, promotion, wages, benefits and all other privileges, terms, and conditions of employment.
The company is dedicated to seeking all qualified applicants. If you require accommodation to navigate or to apply to a position on our website, please contact Heaven Wood via e-mail at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or by calling 703-488-9377 to request accommodations.
Koniag Government Services (KGS) is an Alaska Native Owned corporation supporting the values and traditions of our native communities through an agile employee and corporate culture that delivers Enterprise Solutions, Professional Services and Operational Management to Federal Government Agencies. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Koniag, we apply our proven commercial solutions to a deep knowledge of Defense and Civilian missions to provide forward leaning technical, professional, and operational solutions. KGS enables successful mission outcomes for our customers through solution-oriented business partnerships and a commitment to exceptional service delivery. We ensure long-term success with a continuous improvement approach while balancing the collective interests of our customers, employees, and native communities. For more information, please visit www.koniag-gs.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled. Shareholder Preference in accordance with Public Law 88-352