|Date Posted||September 11, 2019|
Who We Are
Solera is a global leader in data and software services that strives to transform every touchpoint of the vehicle lifecycle into a connected digital experience. In addition, we provide products and services to protect life's other most important assets: our homes and digital identities. Today, Solera processes over 300 million digital transactions annually for approximately 235,000 partners and customers in more than 90 countries. Our 6,500 team members foster an uncommon, innovative culture and are dedicated to successfully bringing the future to bear today through cognitive answers, insights, algorithms and automation. For more information, please visit solera.com.
Position: DevOps Engineer
Location: Maidenhead, Berkshire
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
About the role:
Our Global Information Technology team is on the hunt for an experienced DevOps Engineer who will be responsible for automatic deployment of applications and project infrastructure provisioning; providing the bridge between development and operations; creating a true DevOps culture. An Agile development team member using their experience and skills to ensure the consistent delivery of new features and ensure operational fit for purpose systems.
What You'll Do
- Responsible for system builds and configuration, application releases and automation, from development through to production systems.
- Responsible to act as the bridge between Development and Operations, provide guidance and support and act as a point of escalation as necessary.
- Act as the single point of contact for the management and integrity of the environments and assessing the impact of technical change.
- Set up and run automated testing infrastructure to verify products, services and components working toward continuous delivery.
- Work within a Scrum Team(s) to ensure that new products, services or components are delivered to the appropriate levels of operational quality within the agreed sprint cycles.
- Integrate with and support the team to ensure the effective and high-quality deliverables.
- Actively participate in workshops, including sprint planning and retrospectives.
- Ensure that the appropriate Agile metrics and artefacts are produced and communicated to enable the team and product owner to make informed decisions.
- A flexible approach to working hours may be required along with on-call responsibility.
- Assist Operations and provide pre-sales support as necessary.
What You'll Bring
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a DevOps Engineer building and running infrastructure for production systems.
- Experience of working alongside developers and bridging the gap between Development and Operations within an Agile environment. An in-depth understanding of what DevOps is all about.
- Excellent experience in Continuous Integration / Delivery. Experience in automating build, release, test, and deploy using git, Jenkins and pipelines; Very good experience with Puppet, Terraform, Jenkins and LAMP.
- Ability to work with virtualized and cloud environments (RHEV / oVirt and AWS).
- Experience with working with Containers (Docker) and Container Orchestration (Kubernetes).
- Experience of one or more Agile frameworks (preferably Scrum).
- Deep understanding of Linux, including a variety of systems tools: from monitoring, alerting, and log aggregation to system performance analysis and tuning.
- Knowledge of some or all of the following: LAMP Stack, API's / REST, Nginx, RabbitMQ, Redis, AWS. Strong scripting skills (Bash, Groovy, Python etc.).
- ITIL qualification or familiarity would be beneficial but not mandatory.
- Capable of initiating innovation in deployment and administration automation.
- Independent problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal skills, able to translate concepts into easily understood diagrams and visuals for both technical and non-technical people alike.
- Eye for detail and quality, able to demonstrate empathy, common sense and pragmatism. Be innovative.
- Flexible.? Self-starter.? Must be able to manage own time successfully. Ability to work well under pressure.
- Must be eligible to live and work in the UK; Able to travel, UK and abroad (principally Poland).
You may have experience of the following: DevOps Engineer, Software Architect, Senior Developer, Infrastructure Engineer, Deployment Manager, DevOps Architect, Operations Systems Engineer, Application Technician, Cloud Specialist, Release Manager, Puppet, Jenkins, L:AMO, AWS, etc.