|Date Posted||October 5, 2019|
Apex Systems, the nation’s second largest IT staffing firm, has an immediate opportunity for a DevOps Engineer to support one of our top clients in Danvers, MA. Please find the details below.
If you are interested, please email your word resume to Diana McDermott at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] for consideration
DevOps Engineer Overview
Start Date: ASAP
Contract Length: 3 months
This assignment is anticipated to last 3 months; however, Apex Systems cannot guarantee the length of this assignment.
Pay: negotiable based on experience: must be on a W2 basis
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in DevOps Related Business Requirement discussions
- Identify system impacts and design solutions.
- Understand and have good knowledge of technologies, architecture, frameworks and processes used in the project, account and practice.
- Should be capable of providing innovative solutions to business problems.
- Quick Turn Around to day to day and high priority ad-hoc requests.
- Define and established Configuration Management.
- Establish/enhanced template, Guideline, checklists and standards for project and team.
- Ensure High quality delivery.
- Must be able to Design independently using the best available patterns.
- Code/Implement DevOps tools independently.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Must have 7-8 years of experience in DevOps Methodologies, Tools and Frameworks, including container technologies.
- Must have Technical expertise in Jenkins, IBM Urban Code Deploy, IBM Universal Code Release, Linux Shell scripting, SonarQube, Docker, Nexus/NexusIQ.
- Must have experience in script automation and innovative solutions.
- Good to have experience in RedHat Openshift, Kubernetes, Chef, DevSecOps related tools, Splunk, Dynatrace, Cloud Stacks like AWS, Azure, OCI.
- Must be able to design and implement technical solutions in DevOps technologies.
- Must have experience with requirements gathering, analysis, design and development.
- Must have experience with handling customer and other third party vendors effectively.
- Must have problem solving ability to provide solutions to complex and new business problems.
- Generate innovative ideas and apply them in implementing solutions. - Must be flexible and adaptable towards changing organizational needs.
- Excellent Communication and inter-personal skills.
- Good understanding of industry best practices, processes and procedures.
- Degree: Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Travel : None
*Please not that as a contract employee of Apex Systems, you’d be eligible for health, dental, vision, and life insurance; direct deposit, weekly pay, and our referral program*
Is this opportunity not exactly what you are looking for? No problem! We have offices and opportunities across the country—visit our Talent Network to see what else is out there: https://itcareers.apexsystems.com/join
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178