|Date Posted||January 1, 2021|
DevOps is a bridge between software development and IT. Several of the practices that spanned the technology of creating software and hosting were left to ad hoc ownership. With DevOps the ownership of these practices now falls under a DevOps practice and practitioners. For our purposes DevOps will include managing builds, deployments, network issues, Kubernetes, containers, continuous integration and continuous deployment, and cloud management.
The DevOps engineer will find ways to use tools like use containers, automate deployments, and using conceptual practices like infrastructure and platform as services. Our DevOps engineer will have experience with containers, cloud computing, Kubernetes, Azure DevOps, Docker and Jenkins
- Azure DevOps
- Visual Studio 2019
- SQL Server Management Studio
- Azure Data Studio
- .NET Core 3.1
- RESTful Service
- C# 7 / 8
- MSUnit Testing
- xUnit Testing
- Physical activity that often requires keyboarding, sitting, phone work, and filing.
- Physical activity that often requires extensive time working on a computer.
- Physical activity may require lifting under 25 lbs.
- Physical activity that sometimes requires travel – car, train, and/or air.
- Physical activity that sometimes requires bending, stooping, reaching, climbing and kneeling.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus.
- Must hear and speak well enough to conduct business over the telephone or face to face (in English) for long periods of time.
- Minimum Environmental Expectations:
- This position will require working indoors. Typical workweek is eight (8) hour workdays, five (5) days per week with some weekend work, as well as longer hours as needed.
At Fast Switch – Great Lakes (FSGL), Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Isn’t that cool? Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve, and have a little fun along the way.
We at FSGL, have been doing this for 22 years with pride, dedication and plain old-fashioned hard work.
We're a financially strong, privately-held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things, and we do them for Fortune 10 companies, Inc. 500 companies, and technology start-ups.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefit options you can choose just the benefits that you need or want, options include:
- Medical and Dental (Fast Switch pays majority of the medical program)
- Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
- Long Term Disability (100% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
One of our pride points as that in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019, Fast Switch was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press.
To view all of our open positions, please go to: clientapps.jobadder.com/45103/fast-switch
Follow us on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/FastSwitchGL
Follow us on Instagram at: www.instagram.com/fastswitchgl/
Find us on LinkedIn at: www.linkedin.com/company/fast-switch-great-lakes
And you can become a fan of Fast Switch on Facebook at: https://tinyurl.com/v4p9yy7