|Date Posted||January 9, 2021|
Senior DevOps Engineer
Top 3 required technical skills:
Top 3 required technical skills:
- DevOps Tools – Jenkins, Chef, and/ or Unix
- Cloud Technologies – preferably Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Java Background
Desired/nice to have skills:
- Experience with Scrum
- Experience with ITSM tools/methodologies
- Release process
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services—from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
- Analyze ITSM activities of the platform and provide feedback loop to development teams on operational gaps or resiliency concerns
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, capacity planning and launch reviews.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Support the application CI/CD pipeline for promoting software into higher environments through validation and operational gating, and lead Client in DevOps automation and best practices.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
- Take a holistic approach to problem solving, by connecting the dots during a production event thru the various technology stack that makes up the platform, to optimize mean time to recover
- Work with a global team spread across tech hubs in multiple geographies and time zones
- Share knowledge and mentor junior resources
- Design, implement, and enhance our deployment automation based on Azure DevOps. We need proven experience writing powershell scripst as well as designing and implementing an overall Azure DevOps release and deployment process.
- Planning, configuration, optimization and deploying Microsoft Azure solutions (IaaS, PaaS, NSG, Vnets, AD, ARM, OMS, App Insights, App Services, Service Fabric, Key Vault etc.).
- Setting up VNETS, Subnets and configuring NSG is preferred.
- Supporting the deployment of PaaS offerings such as SQL Database, Web Apps, Load Balancers
- Support deployments of code into multiple lower environments. Supporting current processes needed with an emphasis on automating everything as soon as possible.
- Design and implement a Git based code management strategy that will support multiple environment deployments in parallel. Experience with automation for branch management, code promotions, and version management is a plus.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, scripting, pipeline management, and software design.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Ability to help debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
- We support many different stakeholders. Experience in dealing with difficult situations and making decisions with a sense of urgency is needed.
- Interest in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- We need team members with an appetite for change and pushing the boundaries of what can be done with automation. Experience in working across development, operations, and product teams to prioritize needs and to build relationships is a must.
- For work on our dev ops team, engineer with experience in industry standard CI/CD tools.
- Experience designing and implementing an effective and efficient CI/CD flow that gets code from dev to prod with high quality and minimal manual effort is required.