|Date Posted||October 9, 2021|
Fidelity TalentSource is seeking a DevOps Engineer for Fidelity Investments. This position will be based in Durham, NC.
As a DevOps Engineer you will be an integral part of the Workplace Investment Stability & Automation Engineering Center of Excellence (COE). You’ll get the opportunity to develop your skills, collaborate across Fidelity teams and continue to learn in a fun, iterative, and constantly evolving environment. You will work closely with engineering and support teams, to coordinate incident response and build and maintain DevOps implementations by utilizing modern tools. In this role, you will be applying your strong devops and automations skills to design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve workplace investments customer-facing software solutions.
The WI Stability & Automation Engineering Center of Excellence (COE) is passionate about driving WI organizational’ s technological innovation initiatives and improvements which accelerates the squad, operational efficiencies and improve the customer experience. The mission of the COE is engineering excellence across the WI business with focus areas on engineering effectiveness, engineering measurement and maturity, engineering innovation and engineering culture and craft.
The Expertise and Skills You Bring
- A Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, Software engineering or related field
- 2- 5 years of experience working in DevOps pipeline in both On-Premises and Cloud
- Experience working with CI/CD pipelines stacks like Stash, Jenkins, Concourse, Ansible, Maven, JUnit, Docker, JMeter, Artifactory, Sonar, Veracode, Kubernetes, Udeploy
- Embrace “Automate Everything” mentality
- Experience in programing language Python and shell scripting (any version of Angular would be a nice to have)
- Experience with Kubernetes, AKS, EKS
- Experience with monitoring systems such as CloudWatch, Datadog/Splunk, ELK stack
- Hands-on Experience with Public Cloud environments, preferably AWS and Azure
- Deeply self-motivated with the ability to work independently, coordinating activities within cross-regional and multi-functional teams
- A passion for excellence, innovation, and teamwork; eager to learn and adapt every day
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies, delivery projects, and implementation
The Value You Deliver
- An automation mentality to drive platform stability approaches
- Automating yourself out of today’s job so that you can move on to the next big challenge
- Actively learning, sharing insights, knowledge, industry practices and developments, within your area of expertise
- Impactful, with a passion for contributing to continuing enhancement of our engineering capabilities with a focus on excellence.
COVID Work Policy
Safety is our top priority. Once we can be together in person with fewer safety measures, this role will follow our dynamic working approach. You’ll be spending some of your time onsite depending on the nature and needs of your role.
Dynamic Working – Post Pandemic
Our aim is to combine the best of working offsite with coming together in person. For most teams this means a consistent balance of working from home and office that supports the needs of your role, experience level, and working style.
Your success and growth is important to us, so you’ll want to enjoy the benefits of coming together in person – face to face learning and training, quality time with your manager and teammates, building your career network, making friends, and taking full advantage of cultural and social experiences Fidelity provides for you.
Fidelity TalentSource is the in-house temporary staffing provider for Fidelity Investments, one of the largest and most diversified global financial services firms in the industry. We welcome individuals from all backgrounds, including technology and customer service, to fill assignments across Fidelity’s U.S.-based regional and investor center locations. If you would like to experience Fidelity’s supportive and collaborative culture while expanding your skill set and developing your professional network, consider a role with Fidelity TalentSource. Apply today at FTSJobs.com.
We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity TalentSource will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, please contact our HR team at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] .
Information about Fidelity Investments
At Fidelity Investments, our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As a privately held company with a rich 75-year history, our mission has remained the same since our founding: to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments and Fidelity TalentSource are equal opportunity employers.