|Location||Foster City, CA|
|Date Posted||November 15, 2021|
DISH is a Fortune 200 company with more than $15 billion in annual revenue that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service – Sling TV – that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television. Now we are building the nation’s first stand-alone could-based open RAN 5G network.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH.
SlingTV team is building next generation client applications that facilitates to efficiently maximize exposure to desired audiences across DISH and Sling TV. We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our SlingTV client teams. The ideal candidate is an experienced engineer in building CI and CD pipelines, responsible for developing tools and automation which eliminate manual activities, increase stability, and augmenting procedures necessary for the verification of client applications and codifying the production maintenance.
- Analyze, execute, and streamline DevOps practices
- Automate system with the right tools to make development process and operations efficient and robust
- Establish a suitable DevOps channel across the organization
- Work closely with Engineering, QA, Operations teams in optimally delivering large scale systems using CI/CD pipelines.
- Set up a continuous build environment to speed up software development and deployment process
- Implement a secure, robust and high availability DevOps pipeline.
- Integrate automation testing as part of the build and deployment pipeline.
- Work with the engineering team to build appropriate build environments and test harnesses for deployment verification.
- Evaluate technology options and define the build, delivery, and deployment pipeline for applications.
- Validate end to end system verification and sanity testing using build scripts into DevOps pipeline.
- Monitor, review, and manage technical operations
- Implement and improve monitoring and alerting.
You would be considered a great fit for this role if you have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science Engineering, or a related technical degree.
- 8+ years of relevant experience in software development, testing, implementing DevOps principles and building CICD timelines.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in DevOps practices and building CICD pipelines using Jenkins or Gitlab using pipeline as code
- Experience of integrating test automation into the CICD pipeline.
- Experience with version control systems, Git or similar.
- Ability to write tools and codify applications to automate development processes.
- Excellent knowledge of software development and software testing methodologies.
- Experience working in an agile environment and working directly with the development teams.
- Quality-first mindset with focus on test automation and CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent communication skills and a strong teamwork ethic.
- Experience maintaining and deploying highly available, fault-tolerant systems at scale.
- Can look after infrastructure planning, testing, and development
- Configuration management proficiency
- Ensure security and rapidity across the organization
- Encourage team for error-less and fast delivery of software products
- Have a clear understanding of DevOps tools, structure, processes, and mindsets
- Inspect issues in automation, version control, and overall security and suggest necessary steps to solve those quickly
- Ability to review deployment and delivery pipelines i.e., implement initiatives to minimize chances of failure, identify bottlenecks and troubleshoot issues.
Compensation: $99,360.00/Year - $157,665.00/Year
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website.
Employment is contingent on Successful completion of a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.