|Date Posted||January 12, 2022|
Kforce has a client that is seeking a DevOps Engineer in Chicago, IL.
The DevOps Engineer is responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining technical software applications and provides a combination of technical and business leadership while being the primary trusted and capable owner of one or more high priority, high visibility, complex initiatives. The DevOps Engineer will typically lead and coach a small number of team members (e.g., an architect, systems analyst, etc.) and provide guidance to a larger community.
- DevOps Engineer designs and writes complex code in several languages relevant to our existing product stack, with a focus on automation
- Configures, tunes, maintains, and installs applications systems and validates system functionality
- Monitors and fine tunes applications system to achieve optimum performance levels and works with hardware teams to resolve issues with hardware and software
- Lead, manage, and grow a team of customer focused, highly dynamic, and multi-disciplinary team of full stack software engineers
- Assists with application system problem resolution by working with application developers, vendors, and internal infrastructure team member to troubleshoot
- Design and implement appropriate environments for DevOps tools set, and provide production support
- As a DevOps Engineer, you influence other teams and broader Engineering groups in adopting Cloud technologies, processes, and best practices
- Automates the provisioning of environments for DevOps Tool chain
- Develops and enables continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) for DevOps Tool set
- Acts to improve the overall reliability of systems and to increase efficiency
- Works collaboratively with cross functional teams, using Agile/DevOps principles to bring products to life, achieve business objectives and serve customer needs