|Published||November 17, 2023|
|Location||St. Louis, MO|
St Louis, Missouri
Who We Are:
Excelacom has a global presence in the consulting and technology solutions industry with a focus on Communications and Media providers. We collaborate with our clients to solve their complex business, technology and operational challenges through a combination of consulting expertise and telecom-focused solutions and products. Excelacom provides extensive experience in product development, IT consulting, telecom-focused software and managed services, as well as strategic management and thought leadership to steer our clients towards a successful business and technology transformation.
At Excelacom, we recognize that our most valuable asset is our people. We strive to create an environment where our employees can contribute their unique perspectives and grow individually and collectively. Our diverse and inclusive culture empowers our people to embrace their ideas and transform them into innovative solutions.
Who You Are:
The DevOps Engineer will be responsible for the maintenance and configuration of Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI/CD), build tools, DevOps platform, and new / existing internal tools build tools. By maintaining and enhancing the internal testing framework, this role will be responsible for tool configuration, troubleshooting, maintenance, and automation.
At the Analyst-Level, you will be expected to contribute to the development of recommendations, business knowledge and technology awareness, provide meaningful input into client deliverables/proposals, and take ownership of assigned tasks. You will conduct research, collect data, and perform quantitative and qualitative analyses to support business solutions. Most importantly, you will embrace our firm's brand and core values.
Role and Responsibilities:
You may work on various projects throughout your career with Excelacom. The roles and responsibilities noted below pertain to the specific role listed above.
• Responsible for the maintenance and configuration of Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI/CD), build tools, DevOps platform, and new / existing internal tools build tools.
• Maintaining and enhancing the internal testing framework
• Responsible for tool configuration, troubleshooting, maintenance, and automation
• Troubleshooting, diagnosing, and fixing production software issues
• Develop & improve our software monitoring solutions
• Apply automation in Software development life cycle at every stage wherever possible
• Responsible for Security tools integration in CICD
• Infra provisioning by code
• Collaborate with software teams on system architecture and technology decisions
• In addition to delivering at the client site, you will occasionally be tasked in productizing Excelacom's work, contributing to our Center of Excellence and intermittently working on Excelacom proposals to the client.
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Computer Science or related field
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Strong math, written and verbal communication skills with an analytical approach
- Ability to interact cross-functionally with various levels management and peers
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team-based environment
- 3 years' professional DevOps experience
- Supported a software development team in a DevOps capacity within a Linux environment
- Experience in configuration of build tools such as make, gcc, and cross-compilers
- Experience in configuration of build tools such as Maven and Gradle
- Familiarity with DevOps platforms such as GitLab.
- Experience with AWS and Kubernetes
- Experience with different tools such as Rally, Logz, Dynatrace, Artifactory, Gitlab
- Development background or competency with modern programming languages and design principles
- Experience maintaining and configuring Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) pipelines
- Experience with scripting languages such as Bash and Python
- Experience with building compiled languages such as C/C++
- Experience unit test frameworks such as pytest and GoogleTest
- Code repo management using Git
- Configuration of Linters
- Configure Security and K8s hardening tools
- Tool configuration, troubleshooting, maintenance, and automation (e.g. GitLab, VS Code, local server file maintenance, code release process, etc.)
- Experience with IAC tools
- Prior experience in Telecommunications, Media, or Cable is highly preferred
- Experience in a professional office environment
- Relevant internship experience
- Basic understanding of SQL
Compensation and Benefits:
Our competitive salaries are just one component of Excelacom's total compensation package for our regular full-time employees. Other rewards and benefits include: health, vision, and dental insurance, ancillary benefits, Life and AD&D insurance, 401k, and generous paid time off policies.
Excelacom, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Any decision affecting employment, compensation, promotion, or transfer will be based solely on personal qualifications and merit, regardless of sex, race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, disability, age, results of genetic testing, service in the military, pregnancy, childbirth or other related medical conditions or any other factor protected under applicable law.