|Published||November 18, 2023|
|Location||Colorado Springs, CO|
Apex Systems is currently looking for multiple DevOps Engineers to join a well-established client in the Denver!
Position: DevOps Engineer
Location: Denver, CO
Estimated Duration: Through 2022 with high likelihood to extend or convert
Compensation: Competitive, Dependent upon experience
- Infrastructure development and administration of distributed computing systems
- Manage communication with other teams and executives regarding issues, escalations and requests providing status and resolutions to issues along with building cross-organizational relationships
- Ability to manage priorities and workload while setting realistic and manageable expectations for project and task completion and adjusting as needed based on the business requirements
- Provide support of cloud infrastructure and distributed systems
- Minimum of 3 Years' experience as a hands-on technical specialist in software development, enterprise systems administration/engineering, and/or DevOps platform administration/engineering.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience supporting customers by building and managing enterprise-scale DevOps platforms, including code repositories, automated build and testing tooling, automated deployment tooling, containerization technologies, and general automation of infrastructure, provisioning, and configuration management functions.
- Demonstrated experience with software development tools and methodologies, including typical enterprise application architectures and the ability to write scripted or compiled application and automation code with programming languages such as Shell, Python, Ruby, Perl, Java, C, C++, and C# or other equivalent.
- Experience with CloudFormation, Terraform, Chef, Puppet, Salt, Ansible, Docker, and Kubernetes in production environments.
- JVM performance optimization
Required Skills : Strong Kubernetes and they must be able to build clusters in Kubernetes.
Basic Qualification :
Additional Skills : • Charter is one of the few companies that in fully utilizing AWS and continues to work with cutting edge technologies like Kubernetes, Ansible, Terraform • This team puts together the infrastructure for all back end services throughout all of Charter's customer facing platforms
Background Check :Yes
Notes :Project Scope/ Roadmap: • The Data Platforms team develops and maintains the infrastructure for the back end systems of all of Charter's customer portals • There are 3 sub teams and this resource will help with the following: o Observability-digging into Splunk, DataDog, etc. to get more useful information out of it to spit out not only reporting, but to address how to get actionable intelligence to get people on board with future decision making. o Platform Tuning and Enhancement- make sure the pipelines are working and make any changes that are needed. o Innovation- looking into next generation kind of technologies and processes like: istio w/ K8's, service mash, cannary releases.
Selling points for candidate :• Charter is one of the few companies that in fully utilizing AWS and continues to work with cutting edge technologies like Kubernetes, Ansible, Terraform • This team puts together the infrastructure for all back end services throughout all of Charter's customer facing platforms
Project Verification Info :
Candidate must be your W2 Employee :Yes
Exclusive to Apex :No
Face to face interview required :No
Candidate must be local :No
Candidate must be authorized to work without sponsorship ::No
Interview times set : :No
Type of project :Development/Engineering
Master Job Title :DevOps: Applications
Branch Code :Denver