|February 10, 2024
|San Francisco, CA
R-Zero is on a mission to deliver a better future for all via safer, healthier shared indoor environments. Working here means you'll help create a new category-one that bridges science, public health, and technology. You'll ask why and achieve new outcomes, developing skills beyond your existing scope of expertise. You'll join a diverse team of forward-thinkers, collaborating on work that will shape the future of human health. No playbook exists for the problems we are solving, but our science-based approach and revolutionary technology ensure that together, we will change the world.
We are seeking a skilled and experienced DevOps Engineer to help build and run R-Zero's technology platform. As a DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for contributing to the design, development, and implementation of our continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD) processes, as well as maintaining and optimizing our production systems. You will Integrate directly into our development team to ensure the smooth deployment and operation of our software applications.
This is a hybrid work-location position, with a minimum of one to two days per week spent in our San Francisco and Menlo Park offices.
- Collaborate with software development, and quality assurance to design, implement, and maintain efficient and scalable CI/CD pipelines
- Develop and enhance automation tools and scripts to streamline the software build, deployment, and release processes
- Monitor and troubleshoot production systems to ensure high availability, performance, and security
- Implement and maintain monitoring, logging, and alerting systems to proactively identify and address potential issues
- Manage and deploy infrastructure using infrastructure-as-code (IaC) tools such as Terraform or CloudFormation
- Proactively evaluate, recommend and implement new technologies and tools to improve the reliability and scalability of our software services.
- Document processes, standards, and configurations to ensure consistency and facilitate knowledge sharing within the team
- Collaborate with security and compliance teams to implement and maintain appropriate security controls and ensure compliance with industry standards and regulations
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a DevOps or similar role
- Strong knowledge of CI/CD principles and experience with implementing CI/CD pipelines using tools like GitHub Actions
- Proficiency in scripting languages
- Experience with configuration management tools like Ansible
- Strong understanding of cloud platforms such as AWS, or GCP, and hands-on experience with provisioning and managing infrastructure in the cloud
- Familiarity with security best practices and experience with implementing security controls in a DevOps environment
- Solid understanding of containerization technologies such as Docker and container orchestration tools like AWS ECS
- Familiarity with monitoring and logging tools such as Grafana
- Knowledge of networking principles and experience with networking technologies like load balancers, proxies, and firewalls
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills with an ability to analyze and resolve complex technical issues
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team environment
- Certification in relevant technologies such as AWS Certified DevOps Engineer, or Google Cloud Professional DevOps Engineer
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation, or Ansible
- Knowledge of Git version control and experience with Git workflows
- Experience with database administration and management
Working with the R-Zero Software Engineering Team
At our core, we value clear and consistent communication. Operating in a remote environment, effective communication is paramount in our team. We encourage an open dialogue, where any questions, regardless of their scale, are welcomed. Expressing concerns, sharing ideas, and providing feedback are integral parts of our collaborative culture. Additionally, meticulous documentation of technical information is essential.
We strongly believe in the principle of convention over configuration. Our aim is to maintain uniformity across our infrastructure stacks, ensuring a seamless onboarding process for any new project. Your ability to quickly adapt to various projects is crucial, and we are constantly open to refining our processes to enhance efficiency. While our DevOps life cycle is designed to be predictable and efficient, we remain vigilant about continuous improvement.
Embracing innovative solutions, processes, and technologies that align with our efficiency goals is fundamental to our philosophy. As a DevOps engineer, you will play a pivotal role in taking ownership of our systems and processes. This involves influencing the technical solutions, architecture, and implementation of our infrastructure. We foster a culture of learning and growth, providing opportunities to explore and master new technologies relevant to the DevOps landscape.
The salary range for this position will vary based on candidate level, experience, and location. The base salary for this position contemplates a range of $140,000 - $200,000. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, and benefits. Proof of eligibility to work in the United States and a background check is required upon employment.
R-Zero's benefits program underscores our commitment to health equity and care for all people-including our employees. Some of these benefits include:
- Unlimited vacation, paid holidays
- Competitive total compensation with equity:
- Competitive compensation-backed by market research and audited annually for pay disparities-is our baseline. In addition to competitive base bay, every member of our team receives equity. We believe shared ownership leads to shared success.
- Healthcare benefits (medical, dental, vision) starting on day one. We offer coverage for employees, their spouses/domestic partners, and their children.
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for all genders
- 401(k) program starting on day one
- AD+D and life insurance
R-Zero is an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and inclusive global work environment. We are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and do not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of any legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law, including the San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.
Studies show that women and people of color tend not to apply for jobs if they don't meet every single qualification. We encourage you to apply-even if your experience doesn't perfectly align with every bullet point in the job description. You may be just the right candidate for this, or another opportunity.
By submitting your application, you acknowledge that you freely give informed consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of your personal information as described therein.