|February 10, 2024
Founded in 1986, KPA is a leading provider of Environment, Health & Safety (EHS), and Workforce Compliance software and consulting services. We succeed if our clients can send their employees home at night, having not experienced a workplace accident or injury. The combination of software, consulting, and training helps clients identify, remedy, and prevent workplace safety and compliance problems so they can focus on what's important - their core business.
Help us help keep people safe and businesses working efficiently. Named as one ofBuilt In Colorado's Best Places to Workfor five years in a row, KPA is made up of talented individuals working together for the greater good. We're here to help our clients build safe, thriving organizations, and we're looking for people with a common goal to help us do it.
As a member of the Technology team, the DevOps Engineer will play a crucial role in overseeing deployment automation, site reliability, and security. The successful candidate has experience automating security processes, identifying vulnerabilities early in the development process, and ensuring the security and compliance of applications, systems, and infrastructure.
- Design, implement, and maintain secure infrastructure using Infrastructure as Code (IaC) practices
- Collaborate with Development and Data teams to integrate security into the software development lifecycle (SDLC), including design, development, testing, deployment, and maintenance phases
- Implement security controls within the build pipeline and tests to identify vulnerabilities, code flaws, and misconfigurations, and manage security tools such as static and dynamic application security testing (SAST/DAST), container security, and vulnerability scanners
- Brainstorm for new ideas and ways to improvement development delivery
- Provide technical guidance and educate team members and coworkers on DevOps best practices
- Maintain clear and up-to-date documentation of DevOps security practices, procedures, and standards
- Participate in sprint planning, implementation, standups and demos
- Create Technical prototypes for technical solutions
- Ideally 5+ years of experience as a DevOps Engineer, ideally coming from a development background, with an emphasis working with Azure or AWS
- 2+ years of experience working with logging, SIEM and metrics tools, vulnerability scanners (Nessus, Qualys, InsightVM, etc.), and code analysis tools (linters, Snyk or similar)
- Experience with containers, container orchestration and scheduling, service registration / discovery and monitoring (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Practical experience developing software or meeting operational needs with code and scripting (Powershell, Bash, Python, Perl, Ruby)
- Knowledge of CI/CD practices and supporting tools (Azure DevOps, Octopus, similar)
- Experience with infrastructure automation frameworks (Ansible, Chef, Terraform, or similar)
- Good interpersonal skills and communication with a passion for working with all types of managers, architects, developers, QA, and operations personnel
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and track time efficiently
- Desire to learn and continually improve self and others though knowledge sharing
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field is a plus
- Annual base salary between $125-150k
- Bonus potential of 10% annually
- This is a full-time, exempt position
- Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working at a computer typing and view a screen - Constantly
- Stationary sitting or standing - Constantly
- Visual Recognition - Constantly
- Hearing/Listening - Occasionally
- Communicating verbally and/or in writing - Occasionally
- Travel - Seldom
Don't meet every job requirement? At KPA, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply unless they meet every requirement. If you're excited about the role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification, we still encourage you to apply! You might just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
As a growing company KPAvalues its employees by supporting them with a full benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, PTO, Paid and Floating Holidays, 401k with Company match and immediate vesting, Company-funded Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Programs, and Pet Insurance.
Founded in 1986, KPAis a leading provider of Environment, Health & Safety (EHS), and Workforce Compliance software and consulting services. KPA solutions help clients identify, remedy, and prevent workplace safety and compliance problems across their entire enterprise. The combination of KPA'ssoftware, consulting services, and award-winning training content helps organizations minimize risk so they can focus on what's important-their core business.
We are passionate about what we do, how we do and why we do it. Our culture is driven by the KPA core values - Integrity, Helpful, Excellence, Agile, Respectful, and Teamwork. Success will be determined by the capabilities, energy and character of the people we bring into our organization and the performance they achieve.
KPA, with headquarters in Colorado and teammates throughout the United Sates, is recognized as one of Colorado's Best Midsize Places to Work by Built In Colorado for 2024.
"To be ranked in Built In's Best Places to Work Awards is a recognition of KPA's dedication to creating a team of outstanding professionals and our efforts to create a positive and safe workplace culture for everyone," said Chris Fanning, KPA President and CEO. "I believe we've developed a high caliber organization comprised of passionate people who are experts in their respective fields and deliver great value to our customers."
KPA is committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation, to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, religion, religious dress/grooming, color, ethnicity, sex (including sex stereotyping), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, creed, uniform service member status, military or veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, breast-feeding and/or pregnancy-related conditions, age, protected medical condition, leave status, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristics, or any other legally-protected status in accordance with the requirements of all federal, state and local laws. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.