|February 13, 2024
DevOps Engineer, #708
Clearance: U.S. Citizenship is required and ability to obtain a public trust.
We are seeking DevOps Engineers with experience using Docker and Jenkins to join a DevOps team supporting web development and operations support to our government client.
What You'll Be Doing:
The DevOps Developers provides software development, continuous integration, software delivery, systems administration, software quality, and systems documentation support digital assets, including the public-facing web site, consumerfinance.gov, as well as internal software tools. Additionally the role will provide the following:
- Provides software development, continuous integration, software delivery, systems administration, software quality, and systems documentation support to digital assets, including the agency's public-facing web site, as well as internal software tools
- Meets with the Application Development Team and content contributors to develop and discuss strategies and plans for web products, to analyze web content needs, and to propose ways the web products can address those needs
- Assist with configuration, usage, and monitoring of cloud-based infrastructure services including but not limited to AWS EKS, Bash Scripting, EC2, RDS, Lambda, Elastic Container Service (Docker), and DevOps Support Services 6 CloudFormation
- Assists in building a strong technical foundation in build, release, and production using continuous integration tools (Jenkins) and infrastructure provisioning tools such Ansible
- Engages with various agency personnel to understand requirements in order to develop better software and identify new ways in which the development team can easily solve issues
- Collaborate with the client on the design, development, and data teams to build valuable tools that benefit the day-to-day operations and broader missions
- Provides training on a variety of systems development methodologies, best-practices, and tools along with insight into new technologies and solutions that could help the Application Team and the Bureau at large, and
- Assist in the development of Use Cases, Requirements Definition Documents, User and Administration Manuals, Detailed Design Specifications, and Training Manuals and Plans.
Required Education, Experience, and Skills:
A Bachelors Degree is required or experience in lieu of degree with a combined 5 years of experience related to software development using the following:
- Delivers software to a containerized cloud environment (e.g., AWS, EKS, Docker), with a focus on optimization, troubleshooting, and monitoring,
- Utilizes Infrastructure as Code (IaC) to develop, deploy, and maintain environments and services with Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) providers (e.g., Amazon Web Services, Bash Scripting automation). Hands-on experience with Docker and Jenkins a must.
- Builds and maintains CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins, tooling, and processes to support development, deployment, and monitoring.
Who We Are
Dev Technology is a growing IT company with an employee-centric culture that works on mission-critical projects for the federal government. We partner with our federal customers to deliver technology services and solutions, and to drive our client's missions forward through innovation. We use Agile and DevSecOps principles to provide services including application development, biometrics and identity management, cloud and infrastructure optimization, IT and legacy modernization, and data management.
As a Washington Post Top Workplace award winner for the past ten years in a row, the Top Workplaces USA for the past three years, and a recipient of the Companies As Responsive Employers (CARE) Award for the past four years, Dev Technology employees enjoy:
- Generous and flexible time-off policy
- Flexible work schedules and telework options, including remote work availability for eligible projects
- Career development opportunities including a mentorship program, technical and management training through Dev University, hands-on learning through DevLab, tuition reimbursement, and paid training opportunities
- Industry-leading benefits including a choice of two health plans that include dental and vision, flexible spending account, commuter benefits, life insurance, and more
- 401K matching with immediate vesting and end of year profit sharing
- Regular team and company social events including our annual party, happy hours, fitness challenges, and more
- A focus on community engagement including company wide support activities, employer match for donations, and time off for volunteer efforts
- To learn more about working at Dev Technology visit, Learn About A Day At Dev Technology
Dev Technology Group operates in the following states: AL, AR, AZ, CO, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, IN, MD, MA, ME, MN, NC, NJ, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, VA, WV.