|Published||November 12, 2022|
DevOps Engineer - On-Prem / Kubernetes
£75,000 - Fully Remote
You will be an experienced DevOps engineer using your knowledge and skills to transform our software deployment process towards a fully automated solution. You will be comfortable working with infrastructure engineers and software developers alike. You will be joining a young DevOps team and have the opportunity to shape the direction and strategy of the team going forward.
- Build, configure, run and patch Kubernetes clusters.
- Work with Software Developers to release code (including new applications) across the application stack (development, beta, production, etc).
- Write delivery pipelines.
- Contribute to Infrastructure as Code transformation programmes.
- Take an automated-first approach to all tasks.
- Engineer new tools and applications that improve production and deployment capabilities for all teams.
- Problem-solving production issues including on-call responsibilities.
- Work on projects across the business to ensure operational excellence.
- Design and write automated tests within a CI framework on configuration, packaging and deployment scripts.
- Work closely with Infrastructure and Security Engineers to implement operational requirements; identify and fix bugs and streamline development workflows.
- Be an ambassador for DevOps across the business, influencing others to embrace automation and DevOps principles.
- Work with the Release Manager to ensure successful and streamlined production deployments.
- Strong operational experience running multi-tiered apps on Kubernetes, preferably including Helm chart development.
- Solid background in software engineering using an object-oriented language.
- Proficient with Git.
- Experience with Linux and virtualization.
- Deep knowledge of containerisation.
- Confident with Ansible and Terraform for configuration management.
- Substantial experience with AWS.
- CI/CD tooling and delivery best practices.
- Network and security knowledge.
- Experience deploying, managing and troubleshooting of software applications (including Web Apps and B2B).
Happy working using Agile practices, and JIRA.