|Published||November 18, 2023|
Job Number: R0184976 DevOps Engineer, Senior
The Opportunity: Everyone is trying to "harness the cloud," but not everyone knows how. As a DevOps engineer, you're eager to develop, manage, and secure a container platform that meets your client's needs and takes advantage of cloud capabilities. We need you to develop container management sof tware to solve some of our clients' toughest challenges. As a senior platform DevOps engineer at Booz Allen, you can use your te chn ical skills to affect mission-forward change. On our team, you'll hone your skills using the latest cloud te chn ologies as you look for ways to improve your client's environment with container sof tware to ensure seamless orchestration. Using your DevOps platform experience, you'll support your team as you inform strategy and design while ensuring standards are met throughout the containerization process. You'll recommend resources that will help your client manage and securely adopt containers. Additionally, you'll continue to strengthen your DevOps skills while supporting the development of critical cloud platforms. Work with us to use cloud platform te chn ology for good. Join us. The world can't wait. You Have: * 2+ years of experience with DevOps te chn ologies and supporting systems engineering efforts in system design and evaluation, solution engineering, sof tware development, or system administration
* 2+ years of experience creating, managing, deploying, and securing containers using Kubernetes and Helm
* 2+ years of experience creating, managing, and scaling Kubernetes storage solutions
* 2+ years of experience with enterprise networking, including gateway management, DNS entries, and SSL certificate management
* 2+ years of experience developing scripts to automate IT processes or with object-oriented sof tware development
* 1+ years of experience in AFLCMC and STRATCOM development environments and IT system processes
* Experience with source control management tools such as Git
* Knowledge of automating system configurations, orchestrating network operations, and DevOps pipelines, scaling, releases, and day-to-day system operations in cloud environments
* TS/SCI clearance * Bachelor's degree Nice If You Have: * 2+ years of experience with RedHat Enterprise Linux, Keycloak, MongoDB, and PostgreSQL
* Experience supporting and debugging Java Applications
* Experience supporting cloud applications in AWS GovCloud or milCloud environments Clearance: Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information ; TS/SCI clearance is required. Create Your Career: Grow With Us Your growth matters to us-that's why we offer a variety of ways for you to develop your career. With professional and leadership development opportunities like upskilling programs , tuition reimbursement, mentoring, and firm-sponsored networking, you can chart a unique and fulfilling career path on your own terms. A Place Where You Belong Diverse perspectives cultivate collective ingenuity. Booz Allen's culture of respect, equity, and opportunity means that, here, you are free to bring your whole self to work. With an array of business resource groups and other opportunities for connection, you'll develop your community in no time. Support Your Well-Being Our comprehensive benefits package includes wellness programs with HSA contributions, paid holidays, paid parental leave, a generous 401 ( k ) match, and more. With these benefits, plus the option for flexible schedules and remote and hybrid locations, we'll support you as you pursue a balanced, fulfilling life-at work and at home. Your Candidate Journey At Booz Allen, we know our people are what propel us forward, and we value relationships most of all. Here, we've compiled a list of resources so you'll know what to expect as we forge a connection with you during your journey as a candidate with us. Compensation At Booz Allen, we celebrate your contributions, provide you with opportunities and choices, and support your total well-being. Our offerings include health, life, disability, financial, and retirement benefits, as well as paid leave, professional development, tuition assistance, work-life programs, and dependent care. Our recognition awards program acknowledges employees for exceptional performance and superior demonstration of our values. Full-time and part-time employees working at least 20 hours a week on a regular basis are eligible to participate in Booz Allen's benefit programs. Individuals that do not meet the threshold are only eligible for select offerings, not inclusive of health benefits. We encourage you to learn more about our total benefits by visiting the Resource page on our Careers site and reviewing Our Employee Benefits page. Salary at Booz Allen is determined by various factors, including but not limited to location, the individual's particular combination of education, knowledge, skills, competencies, and experience, as well as contract-specific affordability and organizational requirements. The projected compensation range for this position is $93,400.00 to $212,000.00 (annualized USD). The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position and is just one component of Booz Allen's total compensation package for employees. Work Model
Our people-first culture prioritizes the benefits of flexibility and collaboration, whether that happens in person or remotely. * If this position is listed as remote or hybrid, you'll periodically work from a Booz Allen or client site facility.
* If this position is listed as onsite, you'll work with colleagues and clients in person, as needed for the specific role. EEO Commitment We're an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer that empowers our people to fearlessly drive change - no matter their race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, military or uniformed service member status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, local, or international law.