|February 13, 2024
|New York, NY
Job Title DevOps Infrastructure Engineer (Remote/Hybrid- Report to an office once a month in tandem with your team)
Location: Washington DC or Tri-State Area
FIA Tech is a dynamic and growing Software-as-a-Service technology company that supports over 8,000 global finance and trading firms. Our systems solve the most pressing operational and technological challenges for participants, including buyside firms, end users, Futures Commission Merchants (FCMs), introducing brokers, and market makers. Our mission is to bring much needed innovation, standardization, and technology to derivatives trading and clearing to streamline costs, increase efficiency, and reduce risks. Some of our benefits include company-paid medical, dental, and vision benefits, a 9% company contribution into your 401k, and rich parental leave benefits. Our employees also enjoy having the period from Christmas Eve to New Years Day off every year. FIA Tech is proud to be Great Place to Work Certified.
The DevOps Infrastructure Engineer reports to the Director of Technical Operations, and is responsible for creating, maintaining, and provisioning datacenter and cloud resources using Infrastructure as Code principles. The DevOps Infrastructure Engineer will work with the TechOps team, product owners, developers, and the quality assurance team to ensure that FIA Tech delivers only the highest quality products to our customers.
- Establish Infrastructure as Code (IAC) processes for data center and cloud resource provisioning and management.
- Create and manage detailed build and automation guides and documentation.
- Development, implement, and maintain highly available systems via automation.
- Provide infrastructure and application support for FIA-Techs datacenters, clouds, and SASS applications.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent, preferably Comp Sci or other STEM
- 2-5 years or more of DevOps and automation experience, preferably in the finance industry.
- Desired skills include:
- Mastery of Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and configuration management skills and principles utilizing Terraform, AWS Cloud Formation, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, and/or other scripting languages.
- Expert AWS skills deploying and managing cloud resources (GCP & Azure a plus)
- Strong VMware vSphere, VMC, NSX, and vSAN skills
- Knowledge of Kubernetes, and Kubernetes cluster management using Helm Charts, Flux, Docker, and similar tools
- Develop CI/CD pipelines with Azure DevOps
- Linux & Windows sysadmin skills
- Participate in technical requirements gathering, technology selection, data modeling, Azure/AWS infrastructure design, and DevOps & CI/CD process design with guidance from our technical and architecture leadership.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Set and manage priorities judiciously.
- Be self-motivated and self-directed.
- Participate in the on-call rotation and carry a smart phone with PagerDuty.
Salary range: 130-150K bonus eligible
Powered by JazzHR