|Date Posted||October 3, 2019|
GDIT has an opportunity for an experienced, motivated DevOps Leadr to support process automation, production operations, installation, configuration, IT service management and production triage for our government customer. The DevOps Lead will be responsible for maintenance of our AWS GovCloud infrastructure to maintain security compliance, patching, vulnerability assessment, server installation and administration, monitoring of system performance and capacity to ensure high levels of availability of supported production applications. Concurrently, the DevOps Lead will support application development, system to system connectivity, deployment and monitoring. A majority of the virtual servers are running Microsoft Windows Server and RedHat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) support a wide variety of VA operations from application hosting to service desk support. This position will be primarily at GDIT’s Chantilly office space with limited telework availability.
In addition, the DevOps Lead will also support Configuration Management of the entire hosting environment and all software development. GitHub will be used to control versioning for software development which may include Robotic Process Automation (RPA) scripts with API extensions written in Java.
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities
The successful candidate will support IT operations work through a combination or defined administration tasks focused on continuous monitoring to insure maximum availability of production systems. This will involve any combination of tasks to include security assessments, product upgrades, patching, triage, application, and performance monitoring. You will be expected to support software quality assurance (SQA) and development environments to enable program initiatives and to insure compliance with all security protocols and the VA’s 6500 Handbook. While you will be assigned a set of core hours, you are expected to support production deployments and outages after core hours. The candidate will be expected to review system availability and the present results to the Tech Lead and Program Manager.
Duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining active monitoring of systems and application for performance degradation
- Create and track performance metrics for historical and trend analysis
- Performing assessments of systems and applications identifying vulnerabilities requiring remediation
- Maintaining configuration of all server and application software versions to determine where version upgrades, patching and certificate updates are necessary
- Experience in Installation and configuration of COTS products like UiPath Orchestrator on Windows Servers
- Managing GitHub
- Executing scripts to stage data and resolve Production data anomalies
- Basic knowledge of SQL and SQL databases
- Support planned maintenance and upgrades of the infrastructure hardware and software
- Experience working with various AWS capabilities like Lambda, SQS, S3 Bucket configuration, Elastic BeanStalk and other serverless application development/deployment technologies.
- In-depth knowledge of server configurations and maintenance for RHEL and Microsoft Windows Server
- In-depth knowledge of Active Directory in an enterprise environment and dependencies
- Experience with installing, configuring and provisioning instances in AWS
- Experience working in a large enterprise environment in a 24/7 production environment
- Supporting network engineers with new installations and diagnosing connectivity issues
- Optimize system administration processes and make recommendations for improvements
- Identify and capture lessons learned, best practices, and information gained during performance of tasks
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, math, or a related scientific or technical discipline with at least 8+ years of experience
- 8+ years of progressive experience supporting DevOps
- 5+ years of progressive security vulnerability and detection experience in an enterprise environment
- 4+ years of direct server administration or highly related skills to include new installs, configuration and general administration using AWS
- 2+ years supporting configuration management of software development and related quality assurance environments
- Demonstrated experience with configuration management for version control and patching purposes
- Must be able to obtain a Position of Trust and successfully pass a thorough Government background screening process requiring the completion of detailed forms and fingerprinting
- Must be able to perform tasking independently
- Must have critical-thinking analytical skills with a focus on problem-solving complex technical solutions
- Ability to learn processes and tools, and engage them effectively
- Good team player, able to manage multiple assignments, and re-prioritize tasks dynamically to support most critical tasks immediately
- Good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present business leaders
- AWS Certifications and/or Security Certifications
- Previous Department of Veterans Affairs experience with a clear understanding of the VA 6500 Handbook on Managing Information Security Risks
- Experience with R, Python, Puppet or Chef is a plus
- Experience with supporting DevOps
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training, and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs, and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.