|Date Posted||October 7, 2021|
Who we are:
Don't think of us as another agency, we are the fast track to your dream role. Vaco opens the door to exclusive clients that you wont find on job boards
Let Vaco advocate for you! When you partner with Vaco, you have an advantage over your competition, because we promote your strengths to the hiring manager, so you are NOT another faceless resume.
- 100% Remote, candidates must be based out of Columbus Ohio
- At this time we are not able to accept C2C, supply sponsorship or transfer sponsorship
- Leads the initiative to promote the value of DevOps partnering with the applications development teams to provide guidance on leveraging DevOps automation best practices to
- streamline code deployments in the Azure cloud.
- Acts as the subject matter expert for DevOps best practices and deploying Infrastructure as code via continuous integration/continuous deployment** (CI/CD) and Azure pipelines.
- Oversees the troubleshooting of any issues that arise during testing and production, catching
- and solving issues with infrastructure as code before launch.
- Deploys product updates as required while implementing integrations when they arise.
- Automates operational processes as needed with accuracy and in compliance with security requirements.
- Mentors the DevOps engineering team members through development and operations to produce results conducive to company interests.
- Leads the testing of system integrity, implemented designs, application developments and other processes related to infrastructure implementing improvements as needed.
- Updates DevOps and infrastructure as code deployment processes and designs new processes as needed to optimize performance.
- Works with CI/CD tools and source control tools such as GIT and SVN.
- Stays current with industry trends and sources new ways for business to improve
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization's quality program(s).
- Eight (8) years of related experience to include four (4) years DevOps engineering experience or equivalent
- combination of education and experience required.
- Experience with open-source technologies, Azure
- cloud services and working with Ansible for automation and configuration, project management, and workflow tools such as Agile, Jira, Scrum/Kanban.
- Advanced knowledge of Azure cloud services and DevOps application deployment
- Expert level understanding of industry trends, IT ops and DevOps industry best practices, and ability to identify the ones that should be implemented
- Hands-on technical understanding in designing, building, and deploying infrastructure as code Via DevOps pipeline tools
- Expert level knowledge of Windows and Linux-based infrastructures, Linux/Unix
- administration, and Microsoft Azure
- Advanced knowledge of databases such as SQL, MS SQL, MySQL, NoSQL, Hadoop,
- Elasticsearch, Redis, Cassandra, and/or Mongo
- Excellent oral and written communication skills