|Published||September 15, 2022|
Location: Rockville, MD OR REMOTE
6 Month Temp to Hire
Must be a US Citizen or a Permanent Resident - **They must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
Pay: $70,000 - $85,000
**This position can be Remote
Mindbank Consulting Group is looking for a self-motivated Junior DevOps Engineer willing to support the needs of multiple engineering teams operating in a diverse technology environment. We work in small teams, where everyone is involved in design, development, and optimization. We work with leading edge and open-source technologies and are always looking for ways to improve throughput, quality, and scalability. We are looking for someone who thrives in an environment of constant learning.
Junior DevOps Engineer Responsibilities:
- Setting up and configuring builds in Jenkins and Gitlab.
- Integrating builds with support servers such as SonarQube, Nexus, Harbor, etc.
- Assisting teams in migrating builds to containerized environments.
- Performing basic infrastructure support of DevOps systems.
- Using Cloud technologies, especially AWS, in conjunction with DevOps.
Junior DevOps Engineer Qualifications:
· A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science or related field.
· 4 years’ experience with software development.
· Familiarity with AWS or similar cloud providers.
· At least two years (2) experience in using Git to support modern DevOps practices.
· At least three (3) years of experience using and maintaining Linux servers
· Experienced in Linux server setup, configuration, maintenance, and automation
· Experienced setting up Docker containers for development and deployment.
· Basic understanding of web development, webserver and proxy configuration, and certificates.
· Experience working on and setting up DevOps for complex, multi-tiered applications assembled from micro-services and data pipelines.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills; strong organizational skills; good judgment, sense of integrity, and responsibility able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously; detail-oriented and work well in a distributed team environment.