|Date Posted||October 9, 2021|
Here, we believe there’s not one path to success, we believe in careers that grow with you. Whoever you are or wherever you come from in the world, there’s a place for you at Sherwin Williams. We provide you with the opportunity to explore your curiosity and drive us forward. We’ll give you the space to share your strengths and we want you to show us what you can do. You can innovate, grow and discover in a place where you can thrive and Let Your Colors Show! Sherwin-Williams values the unique talents and abilities from all backgrounds and characteristics. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply, including individuals with disabilities and Protected Veterans.
The Lead DevOps Engineer position is a member of the Database and Middleware Platform Optimization team and is responsible for designing and developing automation frameworks and mentoring a team of DevOps engineers. This hands-on technical role requires expertise with DevOps systems. The Engineer plays an integral role in building knowledge within the team and developing standards for continuous integration and continuous deployment frameworks. The Engineer guides the strategic automation initiative for organizational and process improvements. The Engineer engages closely with Global Infrastructure, Architecture, Oracle Database Administration, Oracle Engineered Systems Administration, Cloud Operations and Linux Administration teams
The Engineer will lead the design of configuration management driven systems, execute life-cycle service models, and ensure integration with other systems. The role will utilize ITIL practices to support new and existing line of business database deployments. All project and support tasks must be completed consistent with Company goals, industry best practices and regulatory requirements while ensuring data protection and security in highly visible, mission critical environments.
Strategy & Planning
- Assess and develop long-term strategic goals for automation of secure, scalable and repeatable database and infrastructure maintenance activities.
- Perform analysis of the organization's business needs, translate business requirements into use cases, design and implementation services for automating system delivery.
- Maintain technical roadmaps and identify plans to address key milestones in the lifecycle of a platform.
- Provide technical leadership and vision for the development of automation standards.
- Identify open source tools, languages, and technologies for accelerating system delivery by leveraging automation and infrastructure orchestration techniques.
- Design, deploy and maintain Automation and Configuration management tools.
- Analyze new emerging technologies in the Automation and Configuration Management space and translate functionality of the new technology into an effective IT vision and strategy.
- Keep up-to-date on business trends and the latest technology innovations to forecast solutions, and anticipate emerging business changes.
- Collaborate with other technologists across the enterprise to assess current capabilities and bridge the gaps with legacy and future systems.
- Identify opportunities and pursue innovative solutions that create or add value (lean, cost reduction, process improvement, competitive advantage, new capability) for the business.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Conduct research, analysis and make recommendations on automation and orchestration products, services, protocols and standards.
- Review project requests describing automation and orchestration to estimate time and cost required to successfully accomplish the project.
- Lead cross-functional contributors, with responsibility for major deliverables, in the deployments of new IT database solutions.
- Identify and utilize orchestration technologies to automate software provisioning, configuration management, and database-deployment enabling infrastructure as code.
- Engage in the planning, design and development tasks with focus on simplification, automation and optimization of processes.
- Meet with clients, peers and decision makers to define business requirements and system goals to identify and resolve business systems issues
- Assist in the discovery, investigation and resolution of build and deployment problems as required.
- Provide guidance and high-level support to database operational teams.
- Operationalize and automate routines for database administrators to facilitate best practices.
- Collaborate and support database operational teams throughout project lifecycles.
- Mentor and/or provide guidance to junior members of the team.
- Research and recommend new technologies, including tools, components, and frameworks.
- Provide project task management and reporting as necessary.
- Prepare presentations for management, business users, and peer groups as requested.
- Assist with various projects as may be required to contribute to the efficiency and effectiveness of the work.
- Engage in Proof of Concept (POC) in evaluating new technologies and present findings to Management.
- Participate in hiring activities and fulfilling affirmative action obligations and ensuring compliance with the equal employment opportunity policy.
- Assist with Change Management preparations and implementations, providing technical subject matter expertise.
- Minimal travel as required.
- Work outside the standard office 7.5 hours workday as required.