|Published||September 21, 2022|
Lead DevOps Engineer | 6 Months + | Fully Remote | INSIDE IR35
Jefferson Frank are proud to be continuously supporting an established consultancy in pursuit for a Lead DevOps Engineer for a multinational financial services and asset management company.
Overall Job Purpose:
* Full accountability for the DevOps function.
* Key member of the Cloud Data practice team developing data solutions for our clients to support them realise their strategic objectives.
* Work with development teams and group colleagues to DevOps embed, practices, tools, pipelines and processes.
* Mentor colleagues to improve and progress, enabling a culture of learning and self-sufficiency.
* Adopt an 'evergreen' approach to ensure analytics 8 is abreast with industry standards and best practices.
* Assure quality of DevOps standards and procedures through peer reviews and quality checks.
* Working with our clients to:
* Design, Build and Operate their cloud-based services, platform and the underlying environment;
* Support delivery of client data centric and focused capabilities;
* Assisting in the development and delivery of the overall cloud data practice propositions for our clients.
* Leader by example and thought leadership. DevOps and cloud environment is core to what we do and key to our clients achieving their goals.
* Proactive and progressive. Curious to new ways of thinking and doing, driven to make things better. Technology, Techniques and Teams orientated.
* Collaborative and communicative. Looks share and work with others. Timely, concise and clear in how they communicate in all interactions and engagements
* Courageous. Gives opinion, confident in applying what they know to what they do and say.
* Has integrity. honest with commitment to doing what is right for the client and for their customers.
- Comfortable working with ambiguity in an agile environment, improving and transforming current state to an enabling digital future.
- Exemplary leadership, communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Strong analytical skills to understand client business and operating processes, systems and data
- Problem solving and data analysis skills.
- Strong practical experience cloud-based environment design, configuration and deployment.
- Hands-on experience in data operations using DevOps and DataOps
- Experience with tools to architect and implement cloud-based environment.
- Expert level knowledge of at least one Cloud Service Provider, ideally AWS or Azure.
- Experience of designing, developing and maintaining continuous integration/ continuous delivery pipelines in Jenkins, GitHub Actions or other pipeline management tool.
- Extensive experience working with code repositories, ideally GitHub and experience working with one other e.g. SourceForge, BitBucket.
- Experience with container orchestration using Kubernetes or Docker.
- Experience using a monitoring platform such as DataDog, SolarWinds.
- Experience in deploying, and operating systems running on virtual machines, including JVM with knowledge of Maven and Gradle.
- Strong issue, problem and incident management.
- Strong troubleshooting & debugging capabilities in an agile software development team environment.
- Expert practical experience and understanding of database and other data store technologies.
- Experienced in architecture and delivery patterns for data streaming, data lakes, warehouses, Marts. Good level of understanding of Data Fabric and Data Mesh architectures.
- Detailed knowledge of Data Warehouse and Data Mart physical schemas, ideally Data Vault.
- Full Development Life Cycle experience using Agile delivery methodology.
If you have the required skills and experience and would like to know further information then please apply with your CV at first instance.