|February 9, 2024
Skiltrek is looking to add a Linux Admin/Jr. DevOps Admin to one of their teams. This is an opportunity that is Hybrid and will require a blended working environment with being onsite in their Louisville Offices and at Home. Candidates must be able to convert permanent with the company without needing sponsorship or assistance.
Description: Linux Admin/Junior DevOps Administrator
Company is seeking a Jr. DevOps Engineer to join their established team. Given the recent success bringing on/developing talent, the manager is open for a junior level resource to step into this role with foundational experience in DevOps, DevSecOps, IaaC, and GCP. From a cultural perspective, this individual will need to work with a level of high urgency, bring creative mindset, and be a self-starter that requires little "hand-holding".
As a DevOps Engineer, you will play a crucial role in the DevOps and Cloud Governance initiatives at the company, contributing to our modernization journey by implementing and managing various tools and processes on the Google Cloud Platform (GCP). This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment and be part of a team that is driving innovation and efficiency within our organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead projects across application teams to ensure adherence to best practices for cloud infrastructure and configuration on the Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
- Collaborate with architecture teams in discussions and decision-making related to cloud architecture and design, providing valuable insights and recommendations.
- Design, implement, and maintain robust CI/CD pipelines using tools such as Jenkins, Nexus, and Sonarqube to enable efficient and reliable software delivery.
- Collaborate with development teams to onboard applications onto the GCP, ensuring smooth integration and deployment processes.
- Provide assistance and guidance in networking and systems-related tasks within the cloud environment.
- Implement and manage comprehensive cloud governance strategies, including InsightCloudSec, Cost Governance, Compute Governance, and overall Cloud Governance for the Enterprise.
- Continuously monitor and optimize the performance, security, and scalability of our cloud infrastructure and applications.
- Implement and enforce security best practices, including Workload Identity, Identity & Access Management (IAM), and other enterprise projects related to cloud infrastructure and setup.
- Design and implement infrastructure-as-code using tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Groovy, and Bash to automate and standardize cloud deployments.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to the DevOps and cloud infrastructure, ensuring minimal downtime and maximum availability.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in DevOps, cloud technologies, and automation, and provide recommendations for improvement.
Skills & Preferences:
- Significant knowledge and experience in Kubernetes, IaaS via Terraform/Ansible, and automation.
- Proficiency in CI/CD pipelines, including tools such as Jenkins, Nexus Repository, and Sonarqube.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, with the ability to diagnose and resolve complex technical issues.
- Excellent ability to work collaboratively across teams, both within and outside your immediate organization, fostering strong relationships and effective communication.
- Strong leadership skills for leading a team of engineers and managing projects effectively.
- Experience with Cloud Governance practices, including Cost, Compute, Security, and relevant tools.
- Familiarity with Cloud Networking and Cloud IAM concepts.
- Strong understanding of infrastructure-as-code principles and experience with tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Groovy, and Bash.
- Continual learning mindset, staying updated with the latest advancements and best practices in DevOps, cloud technologies, and automation.
Skiltrek is an award-winning IT staffing firm and the staffing partner of choice for many leading companies across the US.
At Skiltrek, we promise you the perfect opportunity of building technical excellence, understand business performance and nuances,
be abreast with the latest happenings in technology world and enjoy a satisfying work life balance.
Skiltrek is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender,
race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law.
Skiltrek is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.