|Date Posted||October 7, 2021|
Nucor is North America's largest recycler and most diversified steel and steel products company. Since 1969, we've led the industry in developing innovative technologies for recycling scrap into high-quality steels that are all around us, from bridges and buildings to cars and appliances.
Basic Job Functions:
Responsibilities for the DevOps Engineer, include but are not limited to:
- Optimize performance and reliability of CI/CD pipelines, artifacts, and deployments
- Migrate repos in Azure DevOps from TFVC to Git
- Build automation and productivity tools to streamline and scale applications
- Be a DevOps champion - work closely with internal teams to build security, reliability, transparency, and
- scalability into the development lifecycle
- Consult in system design to meet architecture, reliability, and capacity requirements
- Support applications from design through implementation and retirement
- Automate infrastructure and configuration management using Azure and DevOps
- Conduct timely post-mortems of production infrastructure incidents
- Assist with all aspects of operational security by seeking out potential threats to security and reliability and
- advocating solutions
Safety is the most important part of all jobs within Nucor; therefore, candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to initiate, lead, and uphold safety policies, practices, procedures, and housekeeping standards at all times.
- A minimum of a high school diploma or GED
- 3+ years of experience developing and monitoring mission-critical systems as a Software or DevOps Engineer
- Proficient with various technologies including C#, Microsoft SQL, Azure, YAML, PowerShell, Git, TFVC, IIS
- Proficiency administering CI/CD pipelines using Azure DevOps
- Proficiency with networking fundamentals, diagnostics, troubleshooting, etc.
- Microsoft Azure Certifications such as AZ-900, AZ-303, AZ-304, AZ-400, AZ-500
- Experience with TFS to Azure DevOps migration and administration
- In-depth knowledge of distributed computing and data systems, multi-region presence, high traffic websites
- Experience implementing load-balancing and Web Application Firewalls (WAF) in Azure
- Experience using Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools
- Experience using container technologies
- Manufacturing-related IT experience, with a preference for process-related industries like the steel environment.