|Date Posted||May 2, 2021|
Line of Service: Advisory
Specialty/Competency: Advisory - Other
Industry/Sector: Not Applicable
Time Type: Full time
Government Clearance Required: No
Available for Work Sponsorship: Yes
Travel Requirements: Up to 20%
A career in Products and Technology would provide you the opportunity to be part of an organization that is building a leading tech experience that solves big challenges for our firm and our clients. Our products and tech-driven solutions are how we move faster, cut through complexity and fuel growth. We start with the problem and solve it with experience and tech know-how. Our skilled technologists, data scientists, product managers and business strategists are passionate about using technology to accelerate change. Our external facing team is responsible for moving products into the operations phase after being successfully built and released to clients. The Operations team provides white-glove support to our client’s clients and runs, operates and maintains the product with the highest level of standards.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
High School Diploma
Minimum Years of Experience:
Preferred Fields of Study:
Computer Engineering, Computer Management, Computer and Information Science, Management Information Systems, Business Analytics, Business Administration/Management, Economics, Engineering
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success in executing various aspects of client engagements and/or projects within a professional services environment, including the following areas:
- Providing responsibility for stability, scalability, and overall health of an application platform;
- Showing specialization in leading large scale DevOps Transformations;
- Planning and executing large scale DevOps Transformation initiatives including advocating for DevOps practice adoption and uplifting, mentoring and coaching teams;
- Utilizing deep experience in DevOps Technologies such as: Kubernetes, Jenkins, Sonarqube, Git, Jupyter, Docker, Microservices, Containerization, Etl / Data Ingest Tool (i.e. Spark, Kafka, Etc.), Relational Databases, Bi Tools;
- Working with Product, Development, Quality and SecOps Leadership to accelerate flow of deliverables and establish released features provide maximum value to clients;
- Creating staffing and operating model for the Operations team;
- Providing DevOps support using an Agile SDLC including the ability to incorporate Operations’ objectives, goals, deliverables and staff in all Agile ceremonies;
- Establishing visibility of all Operations initiatives via use of Scrum backlogs, Kanban Boards and/or other related tools;
- Driving continuous improvement through metrics gathering and analysis;
- Proactively addressing application health scalability and capacity;
- Deriving and executing logging, monitoring and alerting strategies;
- Creating Operational Dashboards;
- Utilizing experience with CI/CD pipelines and with using Infrastructure as Code/infrastructure automation tools;
- Establishing lower environments mimic production;
- Championing the need to create, implement and validate Non-Functional Requirements;
- Overseeing large scale data migrations and transformations;
- Efficiently managing incidents, driving service restoral, identifying root cause, and implementing preventative measures;
- Leading ongoing application and platform support teams;
- Balancing multiple and competing priorities;
- Leading a product operations / support team or organization;
- Utilizing written and verbal communication skills;
- Exhibiting operations planning, build out, and management;
- Utilizing skills in Change and Release Management, budget management and utilizing experience in process and metrics definition;
- Establishing of how cloud based services can enhance efficiency, scalability, and cost efficiency;
- Establishing agile and devops philosophies as they pertain to operational support and ongoing service improvement;
- Utilizing experience with ITIL, ServiceNow; and,
- Utilizing experience working as part of a large transformation project.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For positions in Colorado, visit the following link for information related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act: https://pwc.to/coloradoadvisorymanager.