|Date Posted||July 15, 2021|
Specialty/Competency: IFS - Information Technology (IT)
Industry/Sector: Not Applicable
Time Type: Full time
Government Clearance Required: No
Available for Work Sponsorship: No
Travel Requirements: Up to 20%
A career in Information Technology, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to support our core business functions by deploying applications that enable our people to work more efficiently and deliver the highest levels of service to our clients. You’ll focus on managing the design and implementation of technology infrastructure within PwC, developing and enhancing both client and internal facing applications within PwC, and providing technology tools that help create a competitive advantage for the Firm to drive strategic business growth. Our System Architecture team helps build customisable specific system solutions that enhance PwC’s system capabilities to appropriately serve all client needs. As part of the team, you’ll use enterprise architecture across application areas to build delivery models that map PwC capabilities to business needs outlined by clients.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Director, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Support team to disrupt, improve and evolve ways of working when necessary.
- Arrange and sponsor appropriate assignments and experiences to help people realise their potential and support their long-term aspirations.
- Identify gaps in the market and spot opportunities to create value propositions.
- Look for opportunities to scale efficiencies and new ways of working across multiple projects and environments.
- Create an environment where people and technology thrive together to accomplish more than they could apart.
- I promote and encourage others to value difference when working in diverse teams.
- Drive and take ownership for developing connections that help deliver what is best for our people and stakeholders.
- Influence and facilitate the creation of long-term relationships which add value to the firm.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
High School Diploma
Minimum Years of Experience:
10 year(s) 10 years with IT operations and / or devops roles overseeing team management and coordination, IT operations quality, stability, observability, process improvement or application delivery.
Preferred Fields of Study:
Information Technology, Computer Applications, Information CyberSecurity
Certified Scrum Master, Agile Certification (any), ITIL Certified, Azure, AWS, GCP
Demonstrates intimate abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team leader:
- Coordinating multiple local and global operations teams; and,
- Overseeing releasing activities, incident management (including major incident coordination) and reporting activities.
Demonstrates thought leader-level abilities with, and/or a proven record of success directing efforts in IT design recommendations, including the following areas:
- Demonstrating oversight of technology teams (e.g. development teams / IT operations teams);
- Demonstrating knowledge of IT operations principles (change, incident, problem & release management);
- Working within agile and devops environments;
- Managing multiple stakeholders and coordinating resources against competing priorities;
- Using IT service management tooling (e.g. ServiceNow);
- Using Agile / devops planning and coordination tooling (e.g. Jira / ADO );
- Having Basic knowledge of IT infrastructure and application development practices;
- Leading devops transformation initiatives within multinational organisations;
- Demonstrating in depth knowledge of development / devops practices (e.g. Scrum master / dev lead experience);
- Coordinating global release activities for large scale digital platforms (e.g. experience as release train engineer or major product delivery lead);
- Translating operational deficiencies into growth opportunities inclusive of process improvement;
- Working with cloud infrastructure & deployment patterns (e.g. Azure / AWS / GCP);
- Working with CI/CD & deployment tooling (e.g. Jenkins / AZDO); and,
- Managing container environments (e.g. Docker / Kubernetes).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For positions in Colorado, visit the following link for information related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act: https://pwc.to/coloradoifsdirector.