|Published||November 19, 2023|
|Location||Salt Lake City, UT|
Bose Professional is a leader in the professional audio/video industry, specializing in the design and manufacturing of cutting-edge audio solutions including loudspeakers, amplifiers, signal processing devices, controls, software, and accessories. For more than 50 years our spirit of invention has focused on creating systems that are easy to design, install and operate for performance, commercial and conferencing applications. As we continue to expand our global team, we are seeking a highly skilled Senior DevOps to join us in our journey.
The Senior DevOps Engineer will be an integral part of our DevOps team that supports our embedded firmware, web, desktop, and mobile development community. The right candidate will partner with our talented product development staff as Bose Professional delivers new and exciting features for existing and next generation installed and conferencing products. You’ve enjoyed the work you’ve done to advance a DevOps culture in your organization. You can set up a continuous integration multi-branch Jenkins pipeline but know when simpler is better. If that sounds like you, check out this role we have tackling DevOps. We work to advance software build practices across the company. Bose Professional has a tradition of creating innovative products that help our customers design and deliver audio experiences that wow their clients and guests ranging from performance venues to boutiques.
- Within the DevOps team, establish and maintain our continuous integration (CI) pipeline to fully automate the deployment of Bose product software.
- Deploy and work with tools for monitoring and pipeline operations.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in our development, test, and production environments.
- Work with platform architects on software and system optimizations, helping to identify and remove potential performance bottlenecks.
- Stay up-to-date on relevant technologies, plug into user groups, understand trends and opportunities to ensure we are using the best possible techniques and tools.
- Understand, implement, and automate security controls, governance processes, and compliance validation.
- Design, manage, and maintain tools to automate operational processes.
- Possess a strong understanding of the entire product development cycle, so that you can anticipate the configuration needs of each functional team and how those needs can affect the efficient release of product.
- Guiding technical team members to complete projects as need.
- Experience with a public cloud provider and Infrastructure as Code, such as AWS and Terraform.
- Experience with Jenkins, GitHub, GitHub Actions, Docker and containerization, and Kubernetes.
- Experience managing source, build/release, and configuration in a continuous integration & delivery environment.
- Familiarity with building in a variety of frameworks, including C/C++, C#, React, Electron, Kotlin, or Swift.
- Understanding of Agile and other development processes and methodologies.
- 6+ years of hands-on experience working in an infrastructure or DevOps role that directly supports development community activities.
Nice to Have
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available mission critical service.
- Related software development tools such as: Jira, Confluence, and Artifactory.
- Software process automation with popular scripting languages (Python, Groovy, shell, and/or PowerShell).
- Familiarity working with embedded systems.
- Application performance analysis and monitoring.