|February 12, 2024
Position at Tokio Marine HCC
Optimize Software Development and Expand your Career as a Senior Release Engineer
Position Type: Full-Time
Tokio Marine HCC is the solution to a world that is changing at a pace not seen before. This is not traditional insurance - this is deeply technical and analytical business expertise that makes our clients businesses triumph over their competition. We provide support during unpredicted events, which means our clients' businesses progress at their desired pace. Our entire company structure has been designed to empower our teams and individuals to guide our clients' critical decisions without bureaucracy and delay. TMHCC's parent company - Japan-based Tokio Marine Group - underpins and champions our growth innovation and steadfast commitment to our customers, while our flat and decentralized structure means every voice speaking on behalf of the customer is heard. And those voices are the best and brightest talent in the industry, working with the most innovative tools for collaboration, technology, and data. Our clients' success is the priority of every employee at TMHCC.
About the role:
Tokio Marine HCC, among the world leaders in specialty insurance, is seeking an experienced and motivated Senior DevOps Engineer to join our corporate IT team. A key contributor and senior mentor, your work enhances our software development and deployment processes, and ensures the reliability, scalability, and efficiency of our platform components.
Work closely with cross-functional teams in driving CI/CD, automation, and best practices for infrastructure management. If you are passionate about optimizing software development lifecycles and contributing to a high-performing DevOps culture, we encourage you to apply.
- Design, implement, and maintain CI/CD pipelines.
- Collaborate to ensure scalability, security, and reliability of applications.
- Build and manage cloud infrastructure, optimizing for cost, performance, and resilience.
- Develop and maintain infrastructure as code (IaC).
- Implement and maintain containerization and orchestration technologies.
- Optimize the software development lifecycle, incorporating DevOps practices and automation.
- Lead and mentor junior engineers, providing technical guidance and fostering a culture of learning and innovation.
- Participate in on-call rotations and contribute to the development of incident response and disaster recovery plans.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field. Master's degree a plus.
- Proven experience (5+ years) in a DevOps focused role, with a track record of implementing successful CI/CD pipelines and infrastructure automation.
- Understanding of Azure DevOps pipelines and ecosystem.
- Proficiency in AWS cloud services and infrastructure (Terraform, CloudFormation).
- Robust experience with containerization and orchestration using Docker and Kubernetes.
- Strong understanding of software development processes, version control systems (Git), and agile methodologies.
- Proficiency in scripting languages such as Python, Bash, or PowerShell.
- Familiarity with monitoring and logging tools (Prometheus, New Relic, Dynatrace, Data Dog, etc.) for maintaining system health and performance.
- Experience with code scanning tools and automated security tools(SAST, DAST, IAST).
- Analytical and investigative mindset.
- Excellent communicator/mentor.
- Previous experience as an application developer.
- Experience migrating applications from on-prem to the cloud.
- Understanding and experience with multiple application architectures (monolithic, cloud-native, hybrid).
- Relevant certifications such as:
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer
- Certified Kubernetes Administrator
- Related certifications
Please note that this role will be an in-person. onsite position (4 days office/1 remote) located in Houston, TX, East Hartford, CT or New York City, NY.
Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time.
"For candidates working in person in New York City, the reasonable pay range for this specific position is $125,000 - $165,000. The salary offered for this specific position is based on a number of legitimate, nondiscriminatory factors set by the Company. The Company is fully committed to ensuring equal pay opportunities for equal work regardless of color, race, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local pay equity laws. The salary range is the range THMCC, in good faith, believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. This range may be modified in the future, and actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level. Even within the pay range, the actual compensation will vary depending on the above factors as well as market and business considerations."
If you are a highly motivated individual with a passion for optimizing software development and deployment processes, we invite you to apply. Join us in shaping the future of our cutting-edge technology solutions and driving a culture of continuous improvement and innovation.