|February 13, 2024
|New York, NY
The New York City Department of Transportations (NYC DOT) provides safe, efficient, and environmentally responsible movement of pedestrians, goods, and vehicular traffic on the streets, highways, bridges, and waterways of the City's transportation network. NYC DOT rehabilitates and maintains the City's infrastructure, including bridges, tunnels, streets, sidewalks, and highways. The NYC DOT IT & Telecom division is an award-winning team leading business transformation through technology innovation to enhance the agencys ability in fulfilling its mission. IT & Telecom acts as a strategic partner with all business units to promote technology initiatives by delivering quality service, and secure solutions that provide new and improved capabilities for the Agency. We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone in the division to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
We offer our full-time employees competitive salaries, excellent benefit options and perks that include:
- Pension and Retirement Plans- Upon retirement, qualified members of the Citys generous pension program receive a guaranteed salary and health benefits for the rest of their lives. There are
also 401K and 457 plans available to supplement your retirement needs.
- Health Coverage- We offer health coverage to meet your needs and your family.
- Dental and Vision Coverage- We offer a wide variety of excellent civil service title-based union dental and vision coverage to meet the needs of you and your family.
- Paid Time Off- We offer paid vacation and sick time off which accrues over time based on your years of service.
- Professional Development - We offer numerous training programs, leadership development opportunities, and career coaching services, while encouraging employees to attend approved off and
onsite training and seminars.
- Additional Perks - Our employees are eligible for discounts on top theme parks, hotels, shows, events, movies and more. Also, this position may be eligible for up to 2 days of remote work per
week pursuant to the Remote Pilot Work Program agreed to between the City and DC 37.
Expand the adoption of the Departments Azure DevOps implementation and onboard all new and legacy applications( On-premise using VMware/Azure/AWS/Salesforce).
Implement end-to-end DevOps using Azure DevOps, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, AWS, Azure, manifests, Helm Chart, etc.
Design and implement source code repositories using Azure DevOps, branching, and approval workflows, including peer reviews, pre-merge checks, etc.
Design, build, implement, and manage the Departments CI/CD infrastructure using Azure DevOps.
Develop and maintain CI/CD pipelines for automatic application build, release, and deployment.
Create and maintain standardized template repositories and CI/CD pipelines.
Design, build, implement, and manage the Departments package and dependency management infrastructure (Azure DevOps, Helm Chart, and Container Registries).
Develop and maintain CI/CD pipelines for automated security scanning, build, and release application management.
Design, build, implement, and manage a container runtime and orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes, AKS, EKS, etc.) Infrastructure for modernizing DOTs applications.
Partner with PMO and Application teams to containerize DOTs application portfolio to manage better and secure the agencys application infrastructure.
Work with DBAs to integrate Database environments into the DevOps process and settings.
Utilize infrastructure as code techniques to automate the provisioning and management Of DOTs application infrastructure using Terraform and Ansible.; Document architected solutions, functional and design specifications, presentations, and other documents as needed; Handle special projects and initiatives as assigned.
1. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college in computer science, engineering or a related field and four years of satisfactory full-time experience related to datacenter engineering and operations, cloud engineering and operations, complex IT infrastructure engineering; or,
2. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and eight years of satisfactory full-time experience related to datacenter engineering and operations, cloud engineering and operations, complex IT infrastructure engineering; or,
3. Education and/or experience which is equivalent to "1" or "2" above.
The City of New York is an inclusive equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual's sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.