|Published||November 23, 2022|
*Please note this role does not provide Sponsorship - Valid Right to Work in UK needed.*
Senior DevOps Engineer - up to £90,000 DOE + package - Bath UK, (Remote first)
Our software allows ambitious fintechs to quickly get to market with innovative investment or advice products - and helps financial advisers and investment managers to build stronger, more valuable businesses, by operating their own investment platform.
Ultimately, we want to create a world where everybody can access the financial markets, or find the help they need, more easily and affordably than ever.
We are part of an innovative, £12.5bn+ group of companies that's on a mission to breathe new life into energy and financial services, and improve the lives of millions of people.
About The Role
We're looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Senior DevOps Engineer to join our growing team. You'll make a difference in our team if you are experienced in automation, continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD), and monitoring complex distributed software systems in the cloud.
You will be using a wide variety of modern tools, languages and platforms.
You'll be someone who:
- Is a natural communicator, describing technical details to technical and non-technical colleagues
- Is proactive in turning issues/problems into validated experiments, and implementation
- Enjoys and has strong experience of coaching and mentoring less experienced team members
- Is focused on delivery, but not at the expense of quality
- Is comfortable in a fast-paced, ever-changing and improving development environment
- Is collaborative and can see the bigger picture at a systems level as well as the detail
- Has 4-5 year's experience in DevOps or SRE based roles
- Has experience of leading a team, being accountable, and the point of contact
- Has demonstrated experience of monitoring, alerting and proactive issue mitigation
- Has used major CI tools such as Jenkins, CircleCI, GitHub, SonarCloud etc.
- Has strong understanding of AWS specifically Lambda, CloudFormation, CloudTrail
- Has strong understanding of debugging, performance, scaling, resiliency
- Has implemented and tested disaster recovery scenarios
- Has AWS certifications in relevant subjects
What will you be doing?
- Evolving our CI/CD tooling and pipelines for continuous development - we have recently moved some of our pipelines to GitHub Actions
- Managing/mentoring junior engineers
- Developing alerting, monitoring and incident management practices and the tools that support them using modern SRE principles
- Building upon our DevOps culture across the Product and Engineering organisations, sharing modern practices and always challenging the status quo.
- Providing support and guidance to the development team in areas such as onboarding, CI/CD, investigating platform issues etc.
- Helping automate our cloud infrastructure in AWS using modern Infrastructure as Code tools such as Terraform and CloudFormation
- Helping turn start-up/scale-up infrastructure into a mature and resilient system built to scale.
- Constantly looking at improving our security posture.
Our tech stack
We use Node.js with Typescript deployed on AWS Lambda, Mongo Atlas and React on the front end.
Terraform, Ansible, Bash, shell scripts, docker and Serverless framework should all be familiar too.
Our culture and working environment
We're a group of around 100 people on a purpose-driven mission to allow anyone to invest. We're a regulated technology business with a mindset to shake things up.
We are proud to cultivate a culture first, human environment and genuinely listen to our people about what matters to them most. As a result, we're proud we've cultivated a transparent and inclusive environment that encourages diversity of thought, challenge and experimentation.
We have offices in Bath and Edinburgh, and a satellite office in London. We're working as a hybrid team supporting each of our people to choose how they work best. We've always been supportive of flexible working that focuses on delivery and impact, rather than hours worked.
We offer a generous blend of benefits for the things that really matter to our people, including:
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays + day off on your birthday
- 6% employer pension contribution, private health cover, GP online and life assurance
- Enhanced parental leave and flexibility to integrate your home and work life in a trusted environment
- Health and wellbeing initiatives including free therapy, mental health support and time off and access to the Outliers well-being community
- Strong financial wellbeing focus including access to a share investment plan
- Perkbox - range of discounts and perks including free weekly coffee, gym and retail discounts
- Commitment to continuous learning with free access to over 10,000 on-line training courses
How to Apply
Please apply to the role by registering your interest by emailing me at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or reaching out via Linked-In "Jamie Carter"