|Date Posted||October 7, 2021|
Kforce has a client in Horsham, PA that is seeking a Senior DevOps Engineer - Job Automation.
In this role, the Senior DevOps Engineer is the subject matter expert in the workload automation using BMC Control-M Scheduling and Managed File Transfer (MFT) platform. The Senior DevOps Engineer will create reference architecture, best practices and standard procedures to be used by architects, engineers and ETL developers, and design, deploy and support scheduled jobs and workflows using Control-M to load the corporate data warehouses and other mission critical applications.
- Senior DevOps Engineer provides technical direction and oversight of BMC Control-M environments
- Create reference architecture, best practices and procedures to be used by architects, engineers and ETL developers for Control-M automation and SFTP file exchanges and SSH keys
- Collaborate with application and product managers, software developers and other stakeholders to design appropriate automation
- Train and mentor automation team members and others
- Create and respond to proactive system monitors with appropriate countermeasures
- Identify relevant KPIs and metrics, instrument application for reporting and notification
- The Senior DevOps Engineer will monitor system and automation performance
- Analyze and recommend performance improvements for platform and jobs
- Provide on-call application support
- Participate in periodic disaster recovery and compliance exercises
- Develop periodic reports and visualizations of system health and KPIs using tools such as Elastic/Kibana
- Proactively identify and schedule change events
- As a Senior DevOps Engineer, this role will assist in design of regression test cases