|Published||November 19, 2022|
Please note this role does not provide Sponsorship - Valid Right to Work in UK needed.
DevOps Engineer - up to £75,000 DOE + Bonus - UK, Hybrid (2 days per month required in office in Oxford)
We are a world-leading domain name registry.
For 25 years we have been operating at the heart of the internet infrastructure as proud guardians of the .UK domain name registry. Our understanding of the Domain Name System (DNS) underpins a sophisticated cyber security capability used by governments to secure their networks.
General Description of role
You will be an experienced DevOps engineer using your knowledge and skills to transform our software deployment process towards a fully automated solution. You will be joining a new DevOps team and have the opportunity to shape the direction and strategy of the team going forward.
* Deep knowledge of writing Infrastructure as Code and delivery pipelines.
* Build, configure, run and patch Kubernetes clusters.
* Work with Software Developers to release code (including new applications) across the application stack (development, beta, production, etc).
* Take an automated-first approach to all tasks.
* Engineer new tools and applications that improve production and deployment capabilities for all teams.
* Work on projects across the business to ensure operational excellence.
* Design and write automated tests within a CI framework on configuration, packaging and deployment scripts.
* Work closely with Infrastructure and Security Engineers to implement operational requirements; identify and fix bugs and streamline development workflows.
* Be an ambassador for DevOps across the business, influencing others to embrace automation and DevOps principles.
* Work with the Release Manager to ensure successful and streamlined production deployments.
* Strong background in software engineering (using languages such as Java, Python, etc).
* Extensive experience with Linux and virtualization.
* Extensive system design knowledge.
* Formidable experience with Kubernetes and Docker.
* Deep knowledge of containerisation.
* Confident with Ansible, Terraform, GIT for configuration management.
* Substantial experience with AWS.
* CI/CD tooling and delivery best practices.
* Network and security knowledge.
* Experience deploying, managing and troubleshooting of software applications (including Web Apps and B2B).
* Happy working using Agile practices, and JIRA.
- Salary up to £75,000 DOE
- Private Healthcare
How to Apply
Please apply to the role by registering your interest by emailing me at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or reaching out via Linked-In "Jamie Carter"