|Published||September 20, 2022|
|Location||New York, NY|
Imagine: Within the tap of a button, a perfectly prepared meal from your choice of cuisines appears at your doorstep in minutes. That's what our customers experience.
At Wonder, we believe everyone has the right to great food. That's why we've created the next generation of restaurant chains powered by an advanced mobile platform that lets our customers experience the world's most delicious food-anytime, anywhere. We partner with world-renowned chefs to craft exclusive menus and bring their unique recipes right to you on our mobile restaurants.
As a food-tech startup backed by top-tier venture capitalists and led by a team of experienced entrepreneurs-including some of the most accomplished leaders in the technology, culinary, and logistics industries-we're growing fast . Join us in pioneering a future that approaches food equitably, sustainably, and thoughtfully.You'll work in a supportive and collaborative environment where our culture and our values-Mastery, Compassion, and Courage-are taken as seriously as delivering an incredible experience for our customers.
About the role
On to the nitty-gritty. We're building a core team of engineers in NYC to design and build the most critical parts of our platform. As our engineering teams expand and our products evolve, we have many challenging problems to solve. In helping us tackle these challenges, you will have a strong impact on our speed to deployment, our quality, and our ability to react. we are currently seeking an experienced SRE/DevOps Platform Engineer to deliver on key DevOps platform level initiatives.
We have a strong culture of innovation and are seeking Senior DevOps Platform Engineer/SRE who is passionate about platform / infrastructure development. The platform engineering team manages a fast-paced and constantly growing environment that seeks to implement cutting-edge processes, tools and frameworks to improve platform stability, developer experience and scalability.
You're excited about the role because...
- As DevOps Engineer, you will develop and maintain CI/CD pipelines while collaborating across teams to improve build, integration & release process. Azure DevOps / Kubernetes zero-downtime deployments through continuous delivery practices, and rapidly releasing features. We are looking for someone who loves digging into details, finding opportunities to improve software delivery, and ensuring quality.
- Design, build, and test scalable tools, frameworks and processes to support our fast-growing business and team
- Contribute to DevOps roadmap, schedule and key release milestones across all DevOps projects
- Work in Agile framework to identify and automate solutions that result in enhanced developer experience and increased developer productivity
- Work as part of our Compliance & Access Control team to assist with audits of entitlements, appropriateness of access and Quarterly Access Reviews
- Measure and optimize system and services performance, with an eye toward pushing our capabilities forward, getting ahead of internal engineering teams needs, and innovating to continually improve platforms the team owns.
- Create sustainable systems and services through automation. Improve reliability, quality, and implement SRE best practices and principles.
- Evaluate third party tools and add it to the workflow
The experience you have
- You have 6+ years of overall DevOps experience in building and enhancement platform infrastructure, preferably in Azure
- You have 3+ years Working experience on Azure, Provisioning infrastructure, Security, observability, Application platform improvements.
- Contributed to DevOps roadmap and key release milestones across all quarterly DevOps initiatives.
- Infrastructure as code & Automation: 5+ years of experience with Terraform, GIT and Azure DevOps CI/CD, Helm for automation, container orchestration (Kubernetes), and leverage vendor cloud technologies to meet our goals.
- Systems and Platforms: 3+ years of experience in managing and configuring various azure cloud services and networking stack (VNET's, Proxies and CDNs, DNS, Firewalls/NVA's)
- Observability and instrumentation: 2+ years of experience in implementing observability platform infrastructure and improving metrics (e.g. Prometheus/Grafana, elastic APM, Azure Monitor) and other log management tools.
- SRE practices & Release Management: You have In-depth knowledge of build/release systems and processes and knowledgeable on Chaos Engineering, availability/reliability, scalability and governance practices.
- Architecture: Experienced in in on resolving larger architectural bottlenecks as observed in production environments across platforms.
- Can quickly learn new platforms in our ecosystem and provide hands-on guidance to other engineers on the team.
- You have experience with collaboration tools like Jira/Confluence
- You are knowledgeable of 3rd party GitHub tools and code analysis integrations
- You are naturally inclined and interested in working across departments to manage shifting priorities and requirements
- Integrity is everything to you. You handle risk and manage trade-offs openly and transparently
- You are a strong team player; you enjoy working collaboratively; you help everyone to win, not just yourself
- You are a self-starter, proactive and organized, as well as being capable of long-term thinking
- You have passion for scaling systems and software, reducing manual activities, and a growth mindset
The way you work
- You love mentoring and supporting other engineers who are newer to the profession or new to your field of expertise.
- Leadership is not limited to our management team. It's something everyone at Wonder embraces and embodies.
- Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
- You have experience taking the lead in planning and executing the technical roadmap for as is it pertains to your specific responsibilities.
- You craft positive approaches with the pursuit of excellence for our people and customers in mind
- You solve problems and make decisions informed by data, insights, and good judgement
- You gain trust through open dialogue, embracing change, and actively seeking feedback
We offer a competitive salary package including equity and 401K with matching. Additionally, we provide multiple medical, dental, and vision plans to meet all of our employees' needs as well as many benefits and perks that are not listed.
Base Salary Range: $180K - $225K
A final note
At Wonder, we believe that in order to build the best team, we must hire using an objective lens. We are committed to fair hiring practices where we hire people for their potential and advocate for diversity, equity, and inclusion. As such, we do not discriminate or make decisions based on your race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. If you have a disability, please let your recruiter know how we can make your interview process work best for you.
We look forward to hearing from you! We'll contact you via email or text to schedule interviews and share information about your candidacy.