|Date Posted||August 9, 2019|
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class:
The Sr. DevOps Engineer will help design and build our cloud environments as we re-platform our traditional on-premise application stack to one that is modern and cloud based. You will be empowered to innovate and contribute to the definition of the standards, automation, and processes that will enable product teams to release features anytime they want. To accomplish our goals the successful candidate will influence application design, design of our value stream map, and act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for our application development teams on the principles and best practices of continuous delivery in the cloud.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Contributing member of the DevOps team to drive the development, deployment and support of our CI / CD pipelines to support our transformation to a micro-services / SOA based architecture in the cloud
- Leveraging gained and / or educational experiences in operations engineering, connected services, and information technology plus knowledge of industry best practices to innovate and influence operational approaches and solutions in traditional data centers and in the cloud
- Development and implementation of public / private / hybrid cloud based information systems across all phases of system engineering from provisioning to decommissioning
- Development, and continual improvement of source code management / build and release systems and tools
- Provide assistance on these tools across IT as needed
- Develop automated pipelines, processes & scripts to support the deployment of technology solutions in cloud environments
Harness performance, health and infrastructure visibility using cloud based services.
- Champions an agile and continuous improvement culture
- Collaborate with various teams across the organizations including Product Management, Architecture, Software Engineering and Infrastructure to operationalize DevOps processes and tools
- Assists in coaching and mentoring development teams on continuous delivery best practices
- Influence design decisions in SOA and micro-services based applications in public clouds such as AWS and Azure
- Follow through on implementation and deliveries from development to operationalization
- Participate in problem solving and troubleshooting of infrastructure and applications as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of relevant education, training and experience
- 5+ years in Application Development or Infrastructure Engineering
- 3+ years of experience with DevOps technologies such as Jenkins, GIT/Subversion, Maven, Ant, Gradle, JIRA, BuildBot, Gump etc a must.
- 2+ years of experience in DevOps in a hands-on and lead role
- Cloud provider experience such as Amazon Web Services and/or Google is required.
- Recent certification in DevOps Engineering a strong plus.
Strong familiarity with API management, Micro-services, Tomcat and Java/JEE application stacks.
Solid understanding of Networking concepts (NAT, DNS, routing, etc), with practical hands-on and administrative experience with network appliances a plus.
Strong organizational and troubleshooting skills a must.
Strong communication skills that effectively convey key messages, statuses and risks.
Be able to work with teams with varying levels of technical backgrounds and experiences.
Strong sense of curiosity and problem ownership.
Experience in supporting product and agile development teams.
Background in systems architecture is a plus.
Testing background is a plus.
Hands-on experience with logging and monitoring tools such as AppDynamics and Nagios is a plus.
Micro-Services and SOA architecture is a plus.
Experience with database technologies such as DB2, MySql, etc is a plus.
Experience with message queue implementations such as IBM MQ is a plus.