|Published||November 18, 2023|
|Location||Colorado Springs, CO|
Sr DevOps Engineer: Platform as a Service for On-Premises Cloud (DEVOPS)
As a Senior DevOps Engineer in Platform as a Service for on-premises cloud, you will be responsible for ensuring the reliability, availability, and scalability of our PaaS infrastructure, IaaS platforms, cloud management platform, CI/CD pipeline, automation, and tooling. You will work closely with our development, operations, and security teams to design, implement, and maintain a highly available and secure PaaS platform and managed services systems. Your primary focus will be on design, developing, and maintaining the service catalog, CI/CD pipelines, and automation required for our PaaS offerings, managed services tools, ensuring high availability, reliability, and performance of our services. You will be responsible for ensuring that our PaaS platforms, cloud management platform, and other managed services meets the needs of our internal and external stakeholders.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, develop, implement, and maintain a highly available and secure PaaS infrastructure.
- Design, develop implement, and maintain a cloud management platform, CI/CD Pipeline, automation, and managed services tools.
- Collaborate with development, operations, and security teams to design and implement highly available, reliable, and scalable systems and services related to PaaS and IaaS infrastructures.
- Automate deployment, monitoring, and management of PaaS and IaaS services.
- Ensure that our PaaS and IaaS platforms meets the needs of our customers, including internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop, and implement automated processes for incident management, problem management, and change management in alignment with Charter Incident and Change Management Polices.
- Continuously monitor and analyze the performance of PaaS and IaaS services to identify and resolve issues proactively.
- Develop and implement automated disaster recovery plans and procedures.
- Participate in capacity planning and performance optimization efforts.
- Mentor junior engineers and provide technical leadership to the team.
- Perform other duties as requested.
BASIC/ MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in site reliability engineering, systems engineering, or software engineering.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience designing and operating PaaS infrastructure on on-premises cloud.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience with Kubernetes, Docker, Rancher, and related container technologies.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience with infrastructure as code tools such as Morpheus, Terraform, Ansible, or Chef.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience with IaaS platforms and related technology for virtualization, compute, storage, and network.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience with monitoring, logging, and alerting tools such as Prometheus, Grafana, and Splunk.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience scripting or development with languages such as Python, Ruby, or Bash.
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Knowledge of PaaS, IaaS, Kubernetes, Docker, Rancher, GIT, Repository Management, Server Compute, SAN Storage, Virtualization, IP Networks, Data Center Operations, Linux and Windows Systems Administration.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks.
- Ability to mentor junior engineers and lead technical teams and programs.
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills while working under pressure.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to use personal computer and software applications.
- Knowledge of all FCC compliance reports and other rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of Cable Television or related technologies.
- Experience working in a DevOps or Site Reliability Engineering role.
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker or other similar container technologies.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code, scripting and development.
- Experience with virtualization platforms such as VMware, Nutanix or OpenStack.
- Experience with Public Cloud providers such as AWS, Google, or Azure.
- Experience with Unix/Linux or Windows systems administration.
- Experience with Compute in a Cloud Environment using Rack Mount and Blade Servers.
- Experience with Storage in a Cloud Environment using SAN, HCI, or Software Defined block, file, and object.
- Certifications in Virtualization, Kubernetes, Docker, Containers, Compute, Storage, Networking, Public Cloud and Operating System technologies.
Required Skills : Ansible, Python, Git/Github/Gitlab VMWare strong Linux administration skills
Basic Qualification :
Additional Skills :
Background Check :Yes
Selling points for candidate :
Project Verification Info :
Candidate must be your W2 Employee :Yes
Exclusive to Apex :No
Face to face interview required :No
Candidate must be local :Yes
Candidate must be authorized to work without sponsorship ::No
Interview times set : :No
Type of project :Development/Engineering
Master Job Title :DevOps: Networking
Branch Code :Denver