Mobile: +1 704-710-8137
Middleware/ Cloud/ DevOps Engineer
- A result oriented, self-motivated and dedicated Middleware Expert with an in-depth understanding manage and Support of Various Middleware Servers.
- 10+ years of complete experience in Middleware Application Servers Administration
- Over 4+ years of configuration Management tools, Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) practices.
- Work closely with Application Development Team to operate business critical systems
- Work with product Vendors & Partners for support escalations and Issue management
- Good hands-on knowledge of Source Code Management (Version Control System) tools like Git and Subversion
- Proficient in developing Continuous Integration/ Delivery pipelines
- Experience with automation/ integration tools like Jenkins
- Knowledge of major cloud service providers, like AWS
- Good understanding of Infrastructure as Code tools like Chef, Salt, Ansible, Puppet
- Hands-on knowledge of software containerization orchestration tools of Kubernetes/Docker and administering Microservices
- Fair Experience with writing scripts
- Outstanding organizational skills including ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage complex issues.
- Highly independent and motivated worker requiring minimal guidance to solve complex problems in a timely and efficient manner.
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
Operating system platforms Red Hat Linux4.x, 5.x, 6.x, 7.x, CentOS 6 & 7, Ubuntu12.x, 13.x, 14.x, SUSE, IBM AIX 5.x, Windows 98, ME, XP, Vista, 07, 08, Windows Server 2003, 2008 R2, 2012 R2, VMware ESX Cloud Computing AWS (EC2, ELB, S3, Cloud formations), Azure, GCP SCM Tools GIT, Maven, Gradle CI/CD Jenkins, IBM UCD Provisioning Tools Vagrant Bug Tracker & Testing Tools JIRA, Remedy, IBM Clear Tools MS Office Suite, Visual Studio Code Configuration Management tools Chef, Salt, Ansible, Puppet Containerization tools Docker, Kubernetes Scripts Shell Script, Batch Script, Perl Script, Ruby and Python. Web Technologies Servlets, JDBC, JSP, HTML, Java Script, XML, JSON. Web/App servers WebLogic, Web Sphere, Apache Tomcat, RHEL, JBOSS/Wildfly Monitoring Tools Splunk, AppDynamics, Optier, Prometheus, Grafana
2009 - Master of Computer Application, Jeppiaar Engineering College, Anna University, Chennai, India
2004 - Bachelor of Computer Application, Loyola College, University of Madras, Chennai, India
Certifications & Training:
IBM Certified Administrator - C9510-401 - IBM WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment V8.5.5 and Liberty Profile System Administration
Completed AWS Sysops Training
First Data, Houston, TX Sep 2015 – till date
Position: System Engineer
Environment: WebSphere 6.x/7.x/8.x, JBoss 7.x/8.x/WILDFLY, Tomcat 6.x/7.x, Oracle 11g/12c, Apache 2.x, IHS, Optier, App Dynamics, Python, Ruby, PowerShell, Jenkins, GIT, Salt Stack, AWS, Splunk, Docker, Kubernetes
- Developed and Implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications according to the agile process.
- Configuring crontab entries, JDBC connections, JMS servers and security settings for Middleware Applications.
- Coordinate and ensure Disaster Recovery activities completed and sync with Production.
- Management and Administration of AWS Services CLI, EC2, VPC, S3, ELB Glacier, Route 53, CloudTrail, IAM, OpsWorks and Trusted Advisor services.
- Work with various teams to Designed, built and automate build & release CI/CD process using Git, Jenkins and Salt
- Administration of Docker/Kubernetes to manage & deploy containers.
- Deploying a Microservice Application to the Cluster. Replicating and Scaling Microservices. Configure Cluster Network with Flannel.
- Initiating alarms in CloudWatch service for monitoring the server's performance, CPU Utilization, disk usage etc. to take recommended actions for better performance.
- Provide on Call Support 24/7 on shift basis.
Sun global Technologies, Herndon, VA Oct 2014 – Aug 2015
Position: Deployment Specialist
(Build & Release)
Environment: Tomcat, JBoss, Apache, GIT, Gradle, Linux, Python, Jenkins, Ansible, AppDynamics, Ruby, Maven, Ant, Splunk
- Developed and supported Software Release Management and procedures.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day Subversion support for different projects.
- Build, configured and support the Middleware Servers such as JBoss, Apache, Tomcat
- Managed GitHub repositories and permissions, including branching and tagging
- Carried Deployments and builds on various environments using continuous integration tool Jenkins.
- Coordinated with Ansible Automation Architects to create infrastructure and deploy application code changes autonomously.
- Experience in monitoring System/Application Logs of server using Splunk to detect Prod issues
Citibank, Singapore Feb 2013 – Sep 2014
Position: Middleware Consultant
Environment: WebSphere Application Server 6.0/6.1/7.x/8.x, Portal 6.x,7.x, BEA/Oracle WebLogic
11g/12c, Apache 2.0.4, IHS 6.1/7.x/8.x, Tivoli Access Manager, UML, XML, SQL, IBM AIX 5.3,
Windows XP/7, RedHat Linux, TCP/IP, CA Site minder, Wily, BMC Automation
- Provided extensive support in code deploy, change management, and application level
- Installed, configured & upgraded WAS/WebLogic for all Dev, Test, Pre-Prod & Production
- Involved in supporting load testing and coordinated with various team during testing phases for performance tuning the application and setting up Wily.
- Installed, Configured and Administered IBM HTTP Web Servers, Apache V2.0 and I Planet web servers.
- Configuring data sources, MQ queues, connection factories.
- Involved in issues like Application not responding. Application Deployment Errors, Wrong
- Database host name, Server Hung due to out of memory or thread hanging, Owner ship issue.
- Migration of existing applications from WebSphere 7.x to 8.x.
- Configured Web server plug-in to directing dynamic requests to application servers for load
Balance in clustered environment.
- Installed the Refresh Packs and Cumulative fixes, Paches to WebSphere ND V6.0 environment, for WebSphere, plugins and IHS.
- Working with IBM in opening a PMR for inconclusive root causes, and coordinating the proposed changes with the respective teams.
- Automated configuration and Deployment with BMC tool.
- Support Production Team in Troubleshooting and fixing the Production Issues.
Nest TechNet, Pune, India Aug 2009 – Jan 2013
Environment: WebSphere Application Server 6.X, Tomcat 4.x/5.x, IBM HTTP Server 2.x, Apache 2.x, Linux 5.3, Windows 2003, Java 1.4/1.5, Hibernate, Spring, PL/SQL, VMWare, RedHat
- Created and Maintained several different configurations for WAS, including Network Deployment and Clustering
- Package and Deploy enterprise J2EE applications on WebSphere 6.0/188.8.131.52.
- Monitor, Analyze and fine-tune application resources (enterprise beans, servlet etc.) and J2EE runtime parameters such as JVM heap size, memory usage, thread pools, database connection pools etc.
- Administered Linux servers for several functions including managing Apache/Tomcat server.
- Configured the I planet and Apache to communicate with the application servers.
TCS AIG, Chennai, India May 2005 - July 2006
Position: Helpdesk & Quality Analyst
- Responding to overseas calls from Data Centre (Clients) and escalating the same to the concerned person
- Co-ordinatedwork between TCS and Clients.
- Preparing Status Report of for all the projects under AIG- Claims on a basis of Daily, Weekly and Monthly and send the same to the clients. Preparing Project plan and Profile for New / Existing Projects & project Management reviews.
- Preparing Quality Reportsand Metricsincluding the slippage. Co-ordinating with QA.
- Consolidation of open and closing of tickets peregrine reports.
|Last Resume Update||August 1, 2019|
|Address||Charlotte, North Carolina|